PDA

View Full Version : favorite Bible for children

Rachel
03-06-2011, 03:05 PM
What is your favorite Bible for children? I already have The Jesus Bible Storybook and Egermeier's Bible for Children and I'm contemplating getting the Random House Bible for Children (sounds bad but I liked it when I saw it). What else do you like?

Heather W
03-06-2011, 03:35 PM
The Adventure Bible (http://mops.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/easy_find?Ntt=the+adventure+bible&N=0&Ntk=keywords&action=Search&Ne=0&event=ESRCN&nav_search=1&cms=1&search=)-

They make one in the NIrV (New International READER'S Version) and the NIV.

We have both.

ETA- my 12yo's is a slick compact two tone design- royal blue with a gold curved stripe.

ColleenT
03-06-2011, 03:50 PM
Heather - Is the NIrV a lot easier for a young confident reader?

BethInOK
03-06-2011, 05:00 PM
We have the same one as Heather (the NIrV one)! I really like it.

Jekka Renee
03-06-2011, 07:17 PM
I was all set to buy the Adventure Bible, but then I saw Compassion International sells one that incorporates their message on helping kids in poverty. LOVE IT!

Sadly, it's out of stock at the moment (after being featured in their children's magazine), but I'm sure they will get it back soon. It's also NIRV

God's Big Plan and You (http://store.compassion.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=656&idcategory=0)

Rachel
03-06-2011, 11:14 PM
About the Adventure Bible, I've seen that before and I'm glad that there are some here who like it. Can you tell me what you like about it specifically?

Heather - do each one of your kids have their own Bible that they study from and this is for your ds or ??

Julie in AZ
03-07-2011, 07:10 AM
Our favorite family Bible to read is A Child's Story Bible.

BethInOK
03-07-2011, 08:28 AM
I like that the Adventure Bible has a page that tells about the book.. ie who wrote it, when the book was written, who's in it & major events. There's things vignettes that talk about people and life in biblical times.

Alicia
03-07-2011, 04:24 PM
My favorite Bible for young boys is the "2:52 Boy's Bible" by Zondervan. It is based on Luke 2:52, and all the extra devotions and explanations are geared toward boys. :)

Heather W
03-07-2011, 04:42 PM
About the Adventure Bible, I've seen that before and I'm glad that there are some here who like it. Can you tell me what you like about it specifically?

Heather - do each one of your kids have their own Bible that they study from and this is for your ds or ??

Each of my kids has a Bible. My Kindergartner has the older NIrV that my 12yo had when he was younger. My 8yo has his own newer NIrV adventure Bible. My daughter has a Kid's Study Bible- this one is so so. My oldest has his compact version which he loves and totes everywhere he needs it.

I like the features it has such as:

Live It- some life application
People in Bible Times
Life in Bible Times
Words to Treasure
Did you Know? small facts found in the Bible
activities
charts
maps
dictionary

The compact versions do not have the maps which my 12yo misses, but over all he loves the fact that it's easy to carry and take around. It has small print though so it's not emerging reader friendly.

The NIrV is really nice for emerging reader text.

Rachel
03-07-2011, 05:47 PM
Heather - thanks for the complete review! :) I had a chance in the fall to buy it at Christian bookstore for maybe $12-14 but wasn't sure of it. At the time, I was just going to get one but you know how it is with space issues, it isn't very much about the money right now as much as it is about our space. So I didn't purchase it. Maybe I'll find it again for a good price sometime. I still have our Egermeier's to go through together.

MicheleNJ
03-07-2011, 07:32 PM
We have the Adventure Bible is that the the text is in green. Or at least Justin's is and it is so light which makes it very difficult to read. Oh and I would get the hard back version as the paperback has not held up that well.

Nedra
03-07-2011, 10:35 PM
Our favorite hands down is "The Child's Story Bible" by Catherine Vos.

http://www.amazon.com/Childs-Story-Bible-Catherine-Vos/dp/0802850111/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1299558933&sr=8-1

Rachel
01-19-2012, 06:33 PM
Resurrecting this thread.... I'm thinking I'll run out and check out the Adventure Bible in person for my soon-to-be 10 year old twins.

Katherine in CA
01-19-2012, 09:23 PM
(ETA -- Never mind; sending you a pm, Rachel.)