PDA

View Full Version : AZ Homeschoolers

Crissa
03-09-2011, 08:13 PM
My traveling family http://boyinks4adventure.com/ entered the state of AZ today. We are currently in the Green Valley area (visiting snowbird relatives). Starting March 27 we will be in the Scottsdale/Phoenix area for two weeks (for business).

Are there any homeschooling families who would like to get together for a little kid interaction (and mom interaction)?

Are you AZ mom's aware of any homeschooling events in the Scottsdale/Phoenix area while we are there (March 27-April 9)? Or, anything in Tucson area prior to that time?

Thanks for your input.

Linda
03-09-2011, 08:18 PM
:) :hi: Yes! We'd love to meet you and your traveling family. :)

Crissa
03-09-2011, 08:23 PM
Linda, I'm so excited!

Can we talk via PM for location/time/etc.?

Thank you.

Linda
03-10-2011, 12:03 AM
Linda, I'm so excited!

Can we talk via PM for location/time/etc.?

Thank you.

Sorry for the late response but, yes! Of course pm me and we can figure it out. :)

Crissa
03-11-2011, 01:10 PM
Sorry for the late response but, yes! Of course pm me and we can figure it out. :)

Linda, I sent you a pm.

Anyone else interested in and available to meet? :)

Julie in AZ
03-11-2011, 02:48 PM
We're always up for a party! :D

Linda
03-11-2011, 03:40 PM
Linda, I sent you a pm.

Anyone else interested in and available to meet? :)

I haven't gotten anything yet. :unsure:

Jen M
03-11-2011, 04:59 PM
How fun! :D:clap: Our schedule is pretty crazy right now, so it would depend on the time/day. :)

Crissa
03-11-2011, 11:19 PM
Double post, oops.

Crissa
03-22-2011, 11:54 AM
Hello again, Arizona ladies.

My family is in Mesa, at the Usery Mountain Recreational Park this week and will be moving to Scottsdale on Sunday for 2 weeks (the first week with some business obligations and the second week with quite a bit of freedom).

Is anyone ready to schedule a get-together? My ds and dd are very excited (as am I)!

Linda, I did PM you a second time several days ago -- the first didn't seem to "take". Did you receive it?

Thanks.

Julie in AZ
03-22-2011, 07:09 PM
I sent you a pm. Do you need ideas for things to do? I'd be happy to suggest some. :D

Linda
03-22-2011, 10:29 PM
Hello again, Arizona ladies.

My family is in Mesa, at the Usery Mountain Recreational Park this week and will be moving to Scottsdale on Sunday for 2 weeks (the first week with some business obligations and the second week with quite a bit of freedom).

Is anyone ready to schedule a get-together? My ds and dd are very excited (as am I)!

Linda, I did PM you a second time several days ago -- the first didn't seem to "take". Did you receive it?

Thanks.
Sorry, yes, we've been crazy busy.

I'll pm you later w/ my contact info. We should have some open time in the next few weeks to meet with you guys. :)

If anybody else wants to join in, let me know and we'll figure something out! :)

Crissa
03-22-2011, 11:50 PM
I sent you a pm. Do you need ideas for things to do? I'd be happy to suggest some. :D

I just replied to your pm, Julie.

As far as things to do -- this area seems to have a ton of great things. We are planning to attend the AZ Renaissance Festival (student days) tomorrow -- we've never been to something like this, so we are quite excited to experience it.

We hung out at Red Mountain Park this afternoon with another FIAR family -- fabulous park! My kids had a ball.

Usery Park has great Ranger talks scheduled while we are here, so we're hoping to catch a couple of those.

There just isn't enough time for us to check out all of the cool stuff in the Mesa area.

Crissa
03-22-2011, 11:51 PM
Sorry, yes, we've been crazy busy.

I'll pm you later w/ my contact info. We should have some open time in the next few weeks to meet with you guys. :)

If anybody else wants to join in, let me know and we'll figure something out! :)

I'll be watching for your pm, Linda.

We're looking forward to meeting you -- and anyone else who can join us.

ColleenT
03-22-2011, 11:59 PM
I just replied to your pm, Julie.

Usery Park has great Ranger talks scheduled while we are here, so we're hoping to catch a couple of those.

There just isn't enough time for us to check out all of the cool stuff in the Mesa area.

Hi Crissa! :hi:

Ranger B at Usery Mountain park is amazing. The kids and I love to hear him speak.

Crissa
03-27-2011, 11:29 AM
My family is leaving Usery Park in Mesa today and heading to Scottsdale for 2 weeks.

We've had such a great week here. Thanks to Shannon P for adjusting her schedule so our kids could get together 3 times this week (I enjoyed hanging with you, too, Shannon).

We also had the pleasure of meeting Julie Y and Julie in AZ and kids. A great visit (although, way too short).

I'm looking forward to meeting more FIAR moms while we're in the Scottsdale/Phoenix area.

Thanks, AZ moms, for making us feel welcome. This is one of my children's favorite state. ;)

Crissa
03-27-2011, 11:32 AM
Hi Crissa! :hi:
Ranger B at Usery Mountain park is amazing. The kids and I love to hear him speak.

Colleen,

We've had the opportunity to hear Ranger B twice while here -- once for a desert edibles walk/talk and then last night for an owl presentation (after watching an owl released into the wild).

Julie Y
03-27-2011, 05:28 PM
We really enjoyed meeting up with you and your family, Crissa!

And I highly recommend your blog as a fascinating read for anyone who is curious about what it's like for a family to travel around the country for a year. :thumb: :thumb:

ColleenT
03-27-2011, 11:57 PM
Colleen,

We've had the opportunity to hear Ranger B twice while here -- once for a desert edibles walk/talk and then last night for an owl presentation (after watching an owl released into the wild).

So glad you were able to hear him speak. My kids love him. I am glad you enjoyed your week in Mesa.

Sorry we were not able to meet you. My father is very ill and we have been spending a lot of time with him. Our schedule has been a bit unpredictable lately.

We hope you enjoy the rest of your stay in AZ. :)

Crissa
04-07-2011, 10:22 PM
Today we had the pleasure of hanging out with Linda and her children at a local park. And, last week we attended an Easter program in which 4 of Linda's children performed. My kids and I really enjoyed both events. Thanks, Linda, for fitting us into your week!

I want to let the Mesa moms know that we are heading back to Usery on Saturday and will be there until the following Saturday (we used the new on-line registration system when it went live this past Monday). *hint* *hint* ;)

Linda
04-07-2011, 11:24 PM
We really enjoyed spending time with you and your kids today. :clap:

Enjoy the rest of your stay and let us know if you want to meet up again. :)