PDA

View Full Version : Mars Needs Moms? Rango?

Carol S
03-16-2011, 09:29 AM
In-laws want to take the kids to a movie. Anyone seen them yet?

Esther-Alabama
03-16-2011, 09:32 AM
We have not seen Rango, but our friends took their boys and were surprised at the amount of curse words in the movie. Then their two boys related all the words to us and gave detailed accounts of exactly where and when the words were used. We will be skipping that one.

Sorry don't know about the Mars movie.

Mary FL
03-16-2011, 09:45 AM
Another mom told me yesterday they did not like Rango because of swear words and inappropriate content.

Mars is doing poorly. Haven't heard any comments about it though.

Katherine in CA
03-16-2011, 10:32 AM
Here's a Christian review site for Mars Needs Moms:

http://www.christiananswers.net/spotlight/movies/2011/marsneedsmoms2011.html

And Rango:

http://christiananswers.net/spotlight/movies/2011/rango2011.html

Heather W
03-16-2011, 10:37 AM
Can't comment other than to say Rango gets bonus points for being the only movie animation or otherwise to use the Red Tailed Hawk call for an actual red-tailed hawk and not an eagle or other bird of prey.

Not a reason to see the movie, but a great fact none-the-less. :)

Robin(CA)
03-16-2011, 01:10 PM
My boys went to see Rango with my parents. They all loved it and didn't say anything about noticing any curse words. :lol:

Carol S
03-16-2011, 01:24 PM
Screen-It indicates 3 h's and a d. I expect we'll pass. Why can the writers not figure out that if it's a cartoon, they can probably skip the expletives?

Anne
03-16-2011, 02:39 PM
I read that in Rango one of them asks him if he has something very inappropriate in it, regarding his mother. That would be enough for me not to go, but the cursing doesn't help either.

Katie
07-18-2011, 09:41 PM
My kids are watching Rango right now, and it's almost over. I've been coming in and out of the room, and now am really wishing I didn't let them watch it ~ lots of cursing! I just heard something about "send your soul to He##!" All that cursing in an animated movie for kids? Arghhhh! :mad:

Two thumbs down!

Kendra AU
07-18-2011, 10:21 PM
We own Rango but haven't watched it. A client picked up the film {with gobs of others} for our kids. I wondered how it was. The country it came from {not here} had it marked as R! :eek: Here it was only PG or something like that but got bad marks for language. Needless to say it's been sitting on the shelf, and with the reviews I'm seeing here will remain there. Bummer.

Rachael
07-19-2011, 01:36 AM
Wow! My kids have wanted to see Rango, but we haven't yet. You just shouldn't have to worry about an animated film being so bad!

Luisa
07-19-2011, 07:39 AM
We saw it (Rango) and weren't really impressed by it. Haven't seen the other one yet.

Linda
07-19-2011, 10:20 AM
I haven't seen Rango and I've never heard of the other. :)

So why am I replying? :roflol:

A good friend did take her boys to see Rango in the theater and as soon as she came home sent out an email telling us not to go! This gal is not super conservative and the reasons she listed were enough for me to know we wouldn't be going. She said she was now in "damage control" mode.

Kind of sad that a child's animated movie has so much ick in it. :(