PDA

View Full Version : "What we Believe" curriculum series?

AmyinWI
03-18-2011, 11:15 PM
Has anyone seen this advertised in the HSLDA magazine? I am considering purchasing the set. It's by Apologia Press, a set of 2 books.

I'm curious if anyone has ordered it, thoughts?

Linda
03-19-2011, 12:59 AM
We just finished reviewing book 1 for TOS. :)

I, personally, really liked it and will continue using it w/ my crew.

There are 4 books total in the series. The first two are currently available, the other two haven't been released yet.

You can read my review by clicking on my homepage (it's the first review right now) or to see all the TOS reviews, click here (http://homeschoolblogger.com/homeschoolcrew/783783/)

:)

AmyinWI
03-19-2011, 03:45 PM
duplicate post

AmyinWI
03-19-2011, 03:46 PM
Thanks so much Linda!

Tricia O
03-17-2012, 12:33 AM
We just finished reviewing book 1 for TOS. :)

I, personally, really liked it and will continue using it w/ my crew.

There are 4 books total in the series. The first two are currently available, the other two haven't been released yet.

You can read my review by clicking on my homepage (it's the first review right now) or to see all the TOS reviews, click here (http://homeschoolblogger.com/homeschoolcrew/783783/)

:)

Linda, do you think this would work well primarily as a read-aloud & discussion? (We aren't into notebooking either, but I am really interested in this.) Does anyone else have any feedback on it?

RachelRentas
03-17-2012, 05:42 PM
We are planning to use it next year. My friend has used it all year with her boys ages 5-13. They use it as a read aloud and discussion type thing and have had plenty of success that way. I think that is what we will do too, because we do plenty of notebooking type stuff with other subjects.

Robin in Colorado
03-17-2012, 07:42 PM
Belle, 13, has completed the first book and is in lesson 4 of the second. She is working through the book independently, 1/2 lesson per week.

She says, "It's made me think about really having a worldview; there's no such thing as 'no worldview'. It's made me talk to Him more in the hard spots (of life) and the easy spots."