PDA

View Full Version : insulated cooler backpack

Rachel
04-03-2011, 03:17 PM
I'm not sure if I've posted this or not so I'll try again.

I'm looking for an insulated cooler backpack. I have an old one from Coleman that has served us well but now is duct taped up and has lost both of the shoulder straps and the inside insulated portion is coming all apart. We go on picnics at least once a week (usually more) and I really want to get one!

I'm looking for a good sized one (so not the smaller daypack size) - it needs to be a backpack so we can hike, etc. while carrying our snacks, lunch, waters, diapers, wipes, etc. I've searched on ebay and at coleman.com and just today at eddiebauer.com and coming up a bit empty handed. I think I'm just looking in the wrong places.

Has anyone seen any out there?

Rachel Jane
04-03-2011, 03:42 PM
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=cooler+backpack&x=18&y=21

Amazon has lots!

Rachel Jane
04-03-2011, 03:43 PM
http://www.amazon.com/TURISMO-Backpack-Olive-Green-Tan/dp/B0012H06RM/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1301859729&sr=8-13

I like this one!

Alicia
04-03-2011, 03:47 PM
Land's End carries them.

Rachel
04-03-2011, 04:15 PM
Thank you friends! These are 2 places that I haven't looked yet! Silly me! I don't even know why I didn't check those places.

Rachel
06-05-2011, 01:25 PM
http://www.amazon.com/TURISMO-Backpack-Olive-Green-Tan/dp/B0012H06RM/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1301859729&sr=8-13

I like this one!

It's only 2 months later but who's counting?! :roflol:

But RJ - we're getting this one.... the one in the link above.
Now I'm being completely ridiculous and undecided on color.
Dh says NO to black, which I understand. Green would show less dirt but it's more expensive. The other one isn't the best color and it would show more dirt but it's cheaper.

We will be using this a lot. We go on picnics, nature walks, nature studies with friends, and hikes and we're thinking of starting to camp as a family.

Which is you fav? And I even tried to figure out the fabric to see if it could be easily cleaned but I don't know for sure.

DD in IL
06-05-2011, 04:28 PM
Sam's has a backpack/tote. The top part is a tote but under the tote is a zippered insulated cooler. It isn't huge but it hold more than you think. The tote part is big enough that we put two rainjackets, camera, wallet.......the cooler part we put in some waters, sandwiches and fruit.

DD in IL
06-05-2011, 04:34 PM
Okay, I went to my gift area (bought a couple for gifts)...here is the description of the one at Sam's.
PVX Free Tote
2 compartments
Large tote with wide mouth opening and turn lock closure
15 can cooler with superfoam high performance insulation and therma-flect radiant barrie lid
adjustable padded backpack straps
Microban
Has 2 side mesh pockets and a back zipper
California Innovations Whataday Totepack and cooler in one

Debbie W
06-05-2011, 11:07 PM
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=cooler+backpack&x=18&y=21

Amazon has lots!

We have the fourth one down on this page. I love it, but it isn't huge. Not sure if it would be big enough for a family for more than a day of backpacking. Have you tried Big Lots? Last year they had lots of backpacks of this sort there. Might be worth a shot.

Robin(CA)
06-06-2011, 08:00 AM
I like the olive better, but since I have Amazon prime I'd get the lighter color one in a heartbeat. That would be a $15 savings which would be worth it for me. (plus I'm a sucker for the 2 day shipping. :lol:)

Rachel Jane
06-06-2011, 08:11 AM
I like the olive better, but since I have Amazon prime I'd get the lighter color one in a heartbeat. That would be a $15 savings which would be worth it for me. (plus I'm a sucker for the 2 day shipping. :lol:)

:yes:

Rachel
06-06-2011, 09:21 AM
Well, I was so undecided! (I think I have a sickness where I cannot make decisions whatsoever. I a sad, sad like I lead.) But I ended up getting the olive. I thought I might like the lighter color better but I am pretty sure it would end up getting pretty filthy. If this is quality, we'll use it for years so I'll get my $$ worth out of it and hopefully it won't show dirt quite as much.

Melissa Crabtree
06-06-2011, 08:49 PM
Well, I was so undecided! (I think I have a sickness where I cannot make decisions whatsoever. I a sad, sad like I lead.) But I ended up getting the olive. I thought I might like the lighter color better but I am pretty sure it would end up getting pretty filthy. If this is quality, we'll use it for years so I'll get my $$ worth out of it and hopefully it won't show dirt quite as much.

Just get some scotch guard and spray it (outside). Should make it easy to clean!