PDA

View Full Version : This will take some getting used to!

Elizabeth in KY
04-07-2011, 08:23 PM
We've known since we moved into this parsonage that the storm door hinges opened to the wrong side. The previous pastor has a handicapped daughter, and the church built a ramp to the kitchen door. When you opened the storm door, it blocked the ramp. You had to step past the door, then open it.

Not a huge deal, but it made it difficult to hold the door for anyone, and only one person could go out at a time. It was just awkward.

It probably would have stayed backwards, but the wind had slammed the door open so many times that it was just battered. This week they replaced the storm door and changed the hinges to the other side.

Our cats are all bent out of shape!! The outside cat comes to the door and stands on the side where he used to wait. We open the door, and he just looks at the hinge side waiting for it to open the way it used to. We all keep reaching for the handle on the side where it used to be. This will take awhile!

BeckyOK
04-07-2011, 09:53 PM
:roflol: So I guess that means cats are creatures of habit?

Rachel Jane
04-07-2011, 09:56 PM
:lol: poor cat!

TammyH
04-07-2011, 11:04 PM
My cat did that when we moved to this house! It's kinda funny; kinda frustrating - just go out, kitty!

Kat in Co
04-07-2011, 11:31 PM
:lol: at the poor cat!
When we bought this house it came with an older, lower price point fridge. The door swung open the wrong way and could not be switched.
When church friends upgraded their kitchen they gave us their old fridge, which was much newer and nicer and larger than ours. The new one swings the right way. Took us all a few days to get used to it. But we dont have a cat!

Lisalyn
04-07-2011, 11:51 PM
:lol: at the poor cat!
When we bought this house it came with an older, lower price point fridge. The door swung open the wrong way and could not be switched.
When church friends upgraded their kitchen they gave us their old fridge, which was much newer and nicer and larger than ours. The new one swings the right way. Took us all a few days to get used to it. But we dont have a cat!

No...but YOU are a Kat. Doesn't that count? :lol:

Elizabeth in KY
04-07-2011, 11:52 PM
Poor Hurt Paw Kitty! He's the sweetest lump of a Siamese cat, but he has never been the sharpest kitty. I just let him in. He was patiently waiting where he always waits outside, so when I opened the "new" door he had to walk all the way around it to get inside. He just looked at me as if to say "This is just so wrong."