PDA

View Full Version : In no particular order...

Kat in Co
04-08-2011, 12:22 AM
Taxes, a family event that is hard to plan for, passive agressive sister who cannot be avoided for about a month, an longstanding irksome habit in a loved one who will not acknowlege it, weigh gain, a looming deadline, a clutter problem and a down fence with related expenses and work, dog medical condition, upcoming visit from a highly critical relative, several large home improvement projects...
I'm getting stressed and getting an attitude that I do not like to see in myself.
Friends, do you have a not too strenuous bible study, or perhaps even just some favorite readings? Do you have a favorite tv evangelist or program? If its a tv program when is it on (days and general time frame) and what station? Do you have a favorite movie, uplifting and encouraging? Some words of wisdom or encouragement for me? A good swift kick to the seat of the pants? A big girl pill?
Anything that fits your fancy!

Jo in PRC
04-08-2011, 02:55 AM
Yikes! I love turning on Pandora Radio and listening to the Wailin' Jennys. :) I sing (loudly and badly) and pretty soon I feel better. Unfortunately it drives the rest of my family away. ;)

Shelly L
04-08-2011, 09:57 AM
I listen to Bott Radio as much as I can. I almost never come away without something hopeful and uplifting. I also listen to Rejoice Radio (Pensacola FL) for some good, old-fashioned gospel/hymns and inspiration!

Rachel Jane
04-08-2011, 10:14 AM
I do something lighthearted and playful:
read a picture book
rough house with my pups
play a board game with a son
go kayaking
fly a kite
notice the sky, the river, the trees, the critters
walk by the river or ocean
call someone that laughs often
sing/dance

Kat in Co
04-09-2011, 12:59 AM
A warm thank you to each of you who have responded, I will be trying out all of your ideas.

Carol S
04-09-2011, 08:58 AM
I also tend to use Austen therapy. Either print or film.