PDA

View Full Version : Wii need your input ;)

Kat in Co
04-08-2011, 06:09 PM
Dd and Dh, and even I have been wishing for a Wii for a couple of years, but having only a very small tv, it did not make sense, and a larger tv and wii were not in the budget. We were not going to buy either on credit or take from savings for it, nor did we have much money spare to put toward it. Whenever we got even a small amount saved up, it had to go for a higher priority necessity item. We've been working hard to get out of debt and have almost acomplished it, only car and house left, no credit card debt, no medical debt. Several weeks ago a friend gave us their hand me down much larger tv so our tiny tv hurdle was cleared. A few weeks ago Dh worked 3.5 hrs overtime on a friday night, for which he was paid time and a half. Then on payday last week his supervisor gave him a thank you card with $200 cash in it! When dh asked what we should do with the money, he said he wanted to go to red lobster. I stage whispered an enthusiastic" WIIIIII!!!!" He liked that idea! I'm so glad he liked that idea! Cost of wii hurdle cleared!
Ours came with one wand, about 18 or 20 games, and dh bought an extra wand our of our extra cash.
I had to share our little story because it all came together so nicely for us. OK, if youve followed along so far and are not bored to tears, what do you like for the wii?
Would anyone be kind enough to give me their review of the wii fit or other wii things?

Kelly K
04-08-2011, 06:21 PM
Wii fit and Mario Kart have had the longest staying power in our family of 3 girls.

BTW, congratulations on your accomplishment of paying down your debt. Yay!

Paige P
04-08-2011, 06:24 PM
Mario Kart
Lego Star Wars
Lego Indiana Jones
Super Mario Brothers

are the absolute favorites here :)

Great job at knocking away the debt and waiting for "fun" :clap:

Stacia
04-08-2011, 06:40 PM
Mario Kart
Lego Star Wars
Lego Indiana Jones
Super Mario Brothers

Yep, same here. Also, the Sonic & Mario at the Olympics (both Winter & Summer versions) & the Wii Fit are big hits here.

My absolute fave is Mario Kart, lol.

Jodi B
04-08-2011, 07:05 PM
Wii like the Sports Resort and Wii Fit, and the kids like the Mario and Bionicle games.

Nedra
04-08-2011, 08:02 PM
We got a Wii for Christmas this year. It was a family gift paid for by my mother. We combined all of our Christmas money from her to buy it.

We LOVE LOVE LOVE Sports Resort. It is what we play 99% of the time (bowling, basketball, tennis, archery, frisbee, quite a few more, you get the picture). It is such a great family game. We all play it and laugh for hours.

We also bought Toy Story 2. It is fun and I would buy it again. We just don't play it as often as the Sport Resort games.

My teens wanted Just Dance 2 so we let them get that. There is nothing funnier than sitting behind all of them watching them play this. :lol: Not a game my husband and I like, but they really enjoy it.

We made an investment in extra controllers so that we would have 4. Smart thing to do.

Have fun!

Trudy
04-08-2011, 08:13 PM
Besides some of the ones already mentioned, we really enjoy Wii Party.

Kat in Co
04-08-2011, 11:52 PM
Paige P: "Great job at knocking away the debt and waiting for "fun" "
Thanks Paige, if not for these generous gifts, we'd still be waiting!
Thanks all, for putting in your two cents.
Anyone else?

Anjie in PA
04-08-2011, 11:58 PM
We just got our Wii for Christmas. It came with Sports & Sports Resort, and that's still all we have - it's been enough so far! The girls probably play on the Resort more often, and lately the air sports have been their favorite. When we play as a family, it's most often frisbee dog. :cool:

You may want to check at your library and see if they loan games. Ours has about a dozen, and we've checked out a couple. It's nice to be able to try them out.

April in PA
04-09-2011, 07:11 AM
Mario Kart is our favorite. We got it after hearing rave reviews here, and even though I didn't think I'd play it much, I love it as much as my kids do. We also love Wii Sports (that came with our Wii), and Wii Fit Plus.