PDA

View Full Version : $5.00 Gas till Summer?

Jody in PA
04-11-2011, 07:31 PM
That is what was on the news tonight! Crazy! I think we really are going to see changing times!

We will just scale back driving and spend less in another area to afford the gas money.

Hopefully, they are wrong and it is speculation!::eek:

Debbie W
04-11-2011, 08:12 PM
I hate to say it, but I don't think it's completely speculation and I think that gas prices are only the tip of the iceburg. Our country can't keep going the way it is without something toppling. There will be hard times ahead and I don't think we have even seen anything yet such as we will see.

My speculation if things don't change is I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the hard times, really hard times hit before the end of the year. I can't help, but think about what it would mean if there is a government shutdown.

Lines for a lot of services, some that won't be available after a shutdown. I'd imagine gas prices would really spike and it's availability would go way down. That would effect the prices of goods and the availability of those goods.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if we saw empty or near empty shelves in the stores at times. I don't think stocking up is a bad idea. In fact I think it's a very wise idea to be prepared no matter what.

Jodi B
04-11-2011, 11:18 PM
:cry: :( :angry:

We are in town almost every day for karate, but it's easy to combine with other trips, and other stuff will simply be cut out. There's no other choice.