PDA

View Full Version : nighttime diapers

Rachel
04-12-2011, 09:47 AM
I need some help with some absorbent nighttime diapers. My 3yo is still in diapers but regular disposables that we have been using don't seem to be cutting it and he often wakes up wet. Is there a brand or a name within a brand that seriously is better for older kids and nighttime diapering?

Carrie Bozeman
04-12-2011, 10:01 AM
I found that pampers easy ups were far more absorbent than the brand name pull ups or the off brands. They were also more expensive though. :unsure: As for non pull up diapers (just regular tab kinds) the pampers baby dry nighttime diapers also worked well for us. Hope you find something that works for you guys.

Angela Rose
04-12-2011, 10:02 AM
I went through this with both of my girls. Here are some thing we tried, all of these solutions worked for us, but at different times.

Consider using a bigger diaper (in size) at night
Double up on diapers, make sure the outer diaper completely covers the inner diaper, may need a bigger size
Change child before you go to bed, in our experience the kid goes back to sleep pretty easily
Use a maxi-pad :blush: inside the diaper (this has worked the best for us).

BethInOK
04-12-2011, 11:26 AM
I got tired of washing Emerson's sheets every day so we got Huggies overnights. I generally don't like Huggies, but these have worked like a charm. Even when he's REALLY wet, they haven't leaked. He's also a fast wetter, so finding something that can keep up has been a huge help.

Heather W
04-12-2011, 11:28 AM
You might switch to Goodnights. We've been using them for years...They hold more and are designed for overnight.

Then you can graduate to the potty alarm.

Ahem.

Rachel
04-12-2011, 11:50 AM
Thanks ladies. Keep the ideas comin'.

We don't use pull ups usually. When we're potty training, we just use diapers. I just need something other than the brand we're using, which is usually the generic Target brand.

I think I will try Huggies overnight or the Goodnights.

We're working on potty training, but veryyy slowly. Poor thing.

Judyn
04-12-2011, 12:05 PM
another vote for Overnight huggies. We never had another accidental leak after I started using them. We also changed them just before we went to bed, like someone before me mentioned.

Nedra
04-12-2011, 12:33 PM
One of my twins didn't daytime potty train until age 4. It took her another year to nighttime potty train (she is now 5 years, 8 mos. old, and has been fully potty trained for the last 6 months). We used pull-ups for her for overnight and they worked just fine. We used the generic brand from Wal Mart.

Melanie
04-12-2011, 12:34 PM
I got tired of washing Emerson's sheets every day so we got Huggies overnights. I generally don't like Huggies, but these have worked like a charm. Even when he's REALLY wet, they haven't leaked. He's also a fast wetter, so finding something that can keep up has been a huge help.

Worked for us too!

Hollie in SC
04-12-2011, 12:38 PM
:yes: Huggies overnights is the fave here as well.

I order them 2 packs at a time via Amazon using Amazon Mom. It is the best deal I've found so far.

Jodi B
04-12-2011, 12:52 PM
Here is what I've done over the years with both:

* Huggies overnight (downsides: $$$ and it went only to size 5 at the time)
* White Cloud overnight (worked great for ds1, but then they discontinued them :perplex: )
* Next size up diaper (Target and Members Mark (Sam's) -- this was a workable solution :thumb: and more cost effective)
* With ds2, I used cloth diapers, and had a nice foldable insert (made of microfiber and organic french terry), and that worked well too (and was reusable :thumb: )

MickiF
04-12-2011, 02:25 PM
I used to love the Huggies Overnights until I tried the Fisher Price Happy Days & Happy Nights. They are even more absorbent! I buy them through Amazon.com

Marsha in Fl
04-12-2011, 07:59 PM
We used Huggies Overnights, too. They worked very well. They are expensive, but there are coupons. ;)

Julie in FL
04-12-2011, 09:26 PM
Vote for Huggies Overnights! They worked great for both of my girls! FWIW...both of my girls are drinkers and they would go to bed with sippy cups of water and still wouldn't leak. I bought ours from Wal-Mart and bought them by the case. 60 come in a case, so they would last 2 months, just an idea. :)

Rachel
04-12-2011, 09:30 PM
Could someone give me an idea of cost from Walmart or Target? I'm planning on making an amazon order soon and I'm wondering if it's that much better to buy from amazon or if I should just pick it up when I'm at the local store.

BethInOK
04-12-2011, 09:47 PM
I'm working on making a price book, so I actually have our last purchase written down. Walmart has a case of size 5 Huggies overnights with 56 diapers costing 19.77.
HTH!

Elizabeth in KY
04-12-2011, 10:03 PM
Just another idea . . . since you're just looking for an overnight diaper, you could get two or three Fuzzi Bunz and microfiber stuffers. Those always kept my kids dry at night. Since those would be your only cloth diapers, they could just go straight into the washing machine in the morning and be ready for the next night.

Rachel
04-12-2011, 10:31 PM
Beth - thank you! We live very close to Walmart so I'll either pick them up there or I'll just go up a size (which is what dh wants to try first).

Elizabeth - my ds wouldn't go for a cloth diaper at this point in life. He would kick and scream and throw a huge, huge fit. We used cloth with him when he was little up until maybe 9 months. Now I wish I would have continued but I didn't. It was getting hard to get them all clean, he was so chubby that I had a hard time fitting him in clothes and we used wool which had to be cleaned a lot because he had blow outs. If there is ever a 5th in our family, we'll use cloth again and for longer.

Kendra AU
04-12-2011, 10:44 PM
We used Pull-ups from about 3 on at night time ntil we were fully potty trained at night time. :)

JennLove
04-13-2011, 02:10 AM
We did the Nighttime PullUps with my youngest before she was night trained and they worked well, but I do suggest going up a size for maximum effectiveness, so I'd buy the 4T-5T for yours.

For slightly bigger kids you can't beat the GoodNights (Underjams did not work as well for us). We're still using GoodNights with my 8 year old - even several months with the bedwetting alarm didn't cut it for her, so our dr said just try again in a year. The GoodNights never leak on us. Downside, they're pretty pricey, nearly $1 each. :( But this is one of the reasons I coupon!!! :)