PDA

View Full Version : So who's going to see Atlas Shrugged tomorrow?

Jodi B
04-13-2011, 02:16 PM
:hi: Me! :thumb: I'm going by myself, but am thrilled!! :clap: :hop:

DD in IL
04-13-2011, 06:30 PM
I have no clue what you are talking about. Time to get with it I guess.

Jodi B
04-13-2011, 06:33 PM

:eek: What?!? ;) :lol:

http://www.atlasshruggedpart1.com/

Colleen OH
04-13-2011, 06:36 PM
:lol: DD, I've never heard of it either!

Shauna
04-13-2011, 07:04 PM
I'll see it when it's out on DVD (preferably with Part 2). I still need to read the book!

(Speaking of Ayn Rand adaptations, I thought the old movie version of The Fountainhead with Gary Cooper and Patricia Neal was so melodramatic and overacted it was comical.)

April Marie
04-13-2011, 07:29 PM
my family and i can't wait to see it!
(but i thought it was coming out on the 15th? tax day!)

Jodi B
04-13-2011, 08:20 PM
my family and i can't wait to see it!
(but i thought it was coming out on the 15th? tax day!)

Doh! :blush: Yes, Friday! I guess I'm just that excited that I can't wait!!!! :lol:

Rebecca in Orlando
04-13-2011, 09:43 PM
I WANT to go see it!!

Cindy in CA
04-13-2011, 10:31 PM

Me too, clueless as usual. I miss everything by not having TV. Ask me if I care? :lol:;)

:)

Michelle B.
04-14-2011, 07:58 AM
My dh and I are wanting a date to see this:)

Jodi B
04-14-2011, 09:12 AM
Me too, clueless as usual. I miss everything by not having TV. Ask me if I care? :lol:;)

:)

I don't think this has been advertised on TV (since Hollywood is not liking this movie at all), but rather on the Internet and somewhat on talk radio. :spin:

JavaJackie
04-14-2011, 09:23 AM
:hi: Me! :thumb: I'm going by myself, but am thrilled!! :clap: :hop:

My favorite way to go to a movie is alone!

Rebecca in Orlando
04-14-2011, 09:09 PM
Cindy, I don't have TV either...not for 15 years now! but, I did read about this movie in the news! I think someone posted a link on FB...Also, mh dh has read the book and given me to summary...I really hope to see it!

Jodi B
04-15-2011, 09:54 PM
I just saw it and ... well let's just say :thumb: :hop: :clap: :D

Luisa
04-16-2011, 07:43 AM
Thanks for the update! My hubby took my girls to the beach today so that's what I will be doing later!!!!:clap:

April Marie
04-16-2011, 01:17 PM
I just saw it and ... well let's just say :thumb: :hop: :clap: :D

i can't wait!!

it's only showing across the water - in seattle - right now
no time this weekend to do the whole ferry thing

i want the rearden metal bracelet!
(it's a lot prettier in the movie than as described in the book)

April Marie
04-21-2011, 01:21 PM
jodi - we're going tomorrow night!
and i can't wait!

and one of my birthday presents from my husband yesterday was the bracelet!
i couldn't believe it :D
it is supposed to arrive tomorrow
apparently they are now sold out and being back ordered

Jodi B
04-21-2011, 01:35 PM
:cool: :thumb: Have fun at the movie! :D

Jodi B
04-21-2011, 01:39 PM
Atlas Shrugged: The Movie (http://online.worldmag.com/2011/04/14/atlas-shrugged-the-movie/)

This is a good review by Cal Thomas (and some of the comments are interesting too).

Allie
04-21-2011, 06:20 PM
I don't think this has been advertised on TV (since Hollywood is not liking this movie at all), but rather on the Internet and somewhat on talk radio. :spin:

Cindy, you're not alone, I hadn't heard of it either. I can't believe I hadn't heard of this book! (and movie) Thanks so much Jodi informing us of it. BTW I heard Andrew Breitbart say the other night, there are thousands of conservatives in Hollywood just waiting for the right time to "come out of the closet." He use to live there.

It's amazing this book was written back in the fifties and yet is so apprapo and fitting to the struggles we are having today.
Thanks for the Cal Thomas review. Will check it out. I'm reading some of the reviews on amazon too.

Here (http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2011/April/Tea-Partiers-Root-for-Atlas-Shrugged-Movie/) is another one. It's a very short clip to watch. I love the title here though-Tea Partiers Root for Atlas Shrugged. :clap: That tells me a lot right there.

Julie Y
04-21-2011, 08:26 PM
I hadn't heard about the movie, either, until it came up here. But I heard Sean Hannity interview the assistant director on the radio today and Hannity was giving the movie rave reviews. I think I read some Ayn Rand in high school in the late 70's (because my college age boyfriend -- now husband -- recommended the books) but I dont' remember them at all. Maybe they were over my head? I should read them again ...