PDA

View Full Version : At what age?

MichalL
04-14-2011, 09:49 PM
Would you let your children view The Hiding place, about Corrie Ten Boom? My boys are not overly sensitive when it comes to things like movies. The Holocaust is obviously a hard topic, but one we do want to address it with them.
Thanks in adavance!!!

Kendall in GA
04-14-2011, 10:40 PM
Would you let your children view The Hiding place, about Corrie Ten Boom?

:yes:

Only YOU can answer what it is appropriate for YOUR children to view such a movie...There is no one size fits all on this one! Heck, there isn't even a generally acceptable age for most on this one, IMO. Do what's right for YOUR family. :yes:

Carol Ryan
04-15-2011, 12:24 AM
I allowed my girls to view it when they were about 7 or 8. We were studying WWII with Helen Keller and it was the tamest, but still real, movie I came across. My girls were very interested and they did not get scared or anything. After that, they wanted to read everything they could about Anne Frank, etc.

So, it worked for us.

Susie in MS
04-15-2011, 07:43 AM
My dd is almost 6 and I have no problem with her watching it. I also wouldn't have had a problem when she was 4, but she has always been able to handle stuff like that. I don't know why either, cuz she doesn't get overexposure that leads to callousness. She is just a tough cookie.

My oldest ds, who is now 22 yo, I would have waited till he was 7 or 8 cuz he was always sensitive when he was young.

Melinda
04-15-2011, 09:17 AM
My girls are 11 and 9 and they just saw that movie last week. We are just making it into Holocaust discussions because it's a topic that's finally arisen here. They read Number the Stars and that has spawned a WW2/Holocaust discussion.