PDA

View Full Version : bathroom decor?

Kat in Co
04-17-2011, 10:29 AM
This morning I saw a decorators blog in which the author said that toilet seat covers were for grandmothers, and gave the author hives. This was followed by 4 pages of impassioned commentary from the readership.
I have two bathrooms, one of which, the main one, has a toilet seat cover, and the other, rarely used basement one, does not. The one that I do have, after the last wash, is coming apart at the elastic edge, otherwise it looks like new.

Should I repair/replace it, or trash it and not replace it?
Have I skipped becoming my mother and gone straight to becoming my grandmother?:lol:
Whats on your toilet?:lol:
Yes, I'm lauging at myself, but I do want to know! Inquiring minds...

ETA: Come to think of it, I started using the cover because the old toilet seat lid had blistered and peeled, and I had the cover that came with the bathroom rug. Hm. Now the old toilet seat and lid have been replaced, and I put the cover on the new one out of habit!

April Marie
04-17-2011, 10:45 AM
i've never used a toilet seat cover
(and probably never will :))

Debbie W
04-17-2011, 01:41 PM
One bathroom has a toilet seat cover the other does not. I don't remember if I specifcally ordered the cover, but I'm thinking it came as a set with the rug so I used it.

They don't bother me and I would never think someone was their gradmother for using one.....unless it was puke green or blush pink. :roflol: Just kidding and my apologies if your is that color. Mine is black to go with my black and white toile bathroom curtain and black and white towels in that bathroom.

The walls are green in there and I read the other day where green for bathrooms is the IN thing right now in the decorating world, which tickles me pink. Of course I guess I never knew green was ever Not the in color because I've always liked green.

Luisa
04-17-2011, 01:49 PM
I would just replace the whole seat.

I have never used a cover either, by the way.

Joy in Alabama
04-17-2011, 02:11 PM
I don't use a cover - and never have - and I don't like those little rugs that hug the toilet either. My daughters have learned to knit and keep teasing me with patterns of TP covers, too! :lol:

WendyW
04-17-2011, 02:17 PM
I have boys. 'Nuff said!

Rachel Jane
04-17-2011, 02:19 PM
I have boys. 'Nuff said!

:roflol:

Lisalyn
04-17-2011, 02:54 PM
I have boys. 'Nuff said!

Exactly what I was going to say! :tongue:

Alicia
04-17-2011, 03:05 PM
I don't have a cover, but did in the past. However, I don't really care what everybody else does, so if I wanted one, I'd get it. If you like it, keep it. :)

Gwen in Texas
04-17-2011, 03:24 PM
I'm a big fan of hard surfaces in the bathroom.

Hard surface = wipe clean and disenfect.

Textile on or around toilet = germ apartment complex.

It has nothing to do with decorating, although I personally don't think a toilet toupee is especially attractive. ;)

Kat in Co
04-17-2011, 04:33 PM
"toilet toupee" :roflol: Gwen in Texas, you cracked me up!
Thats it. I'm going to get rid of it. Thanks ladies!

Kat in Co
04-17-2011, 04:37 PM
Debbie W, your toile black, white and green bathroom sounds fabulous! I would love to see it!

Cara in WA
04-17-2011, 04:47 PM

It has nothing to do with decorating, although I personally don't think a toilet toupee is especially attractive. ;)

:yes: Absolutely. :yes: We only have a towel-ish rug to drip on after getting out of the shower, and that gets washed every couple of days. The rest is tile and no textiles below three feet. I have boys, too. :lol:

April Marie
04-17-2011, 04:58 PM

oh my gosh! :roflol:
i LOVE this!
(i had to read it aloud to my husband)

April Marie
04-17-2011, 04:59 PM
Debbie W, your toile black, white and green bathroom sounds fabulous! I would love to see it!

i agree - it sounds beautiful
(one of ours is black, white, and teal)

Heather W
04-17-2011, 05:19 PM
I would just replace the whole seat.

I have never used a cover either, by the way.

Amen! Replace the seat.

Having three young boys in this house there is NO WAY on earth I'd put a toilet cover cover on there. They have enough to pee on besides what they are supposed to be IN. :eyes:

Joy in Alabama
04-17-2011, 05:48 PM
black and white toile bathroom curtain and black and white towels in that bathroom.

My bathroom is kind of sagey green with a b/w toile shower curtain and a b/w micro-check window curtain and white towels, too. LOVE IT!

Julie in AZ
04-17-2011, 05:50 PM

:yes: and :roflol:

Rachel Jane
04-17-2011, 08:32 PM

No head deserves a toupee.

Gail in NY
04-17-2011, 08:42 PM

:yes: Gwen - I agree with you!

toilet seat covers?! In My house? :eek: and :crazy:

April Marie
04-17-2011, 08:55 PM

clever girl :lol:

Gwen in Texas
04-17-2011, 09:21 PM

*snort* :roflol:

AmyinWI
04-17-2011, 09:35 PM
welll.... the first house we bought had a toilet seat cover,and a toilet tank cover... both fuzzy and pink and covered with MOLD!!! ever since then I've thought anything covering a toilet was a really bad idea.

Bathrooms need wipeable surfaces, imho. I'm a germ freak, though.

If you love it, keep it... but for me, the answer is :no:

maria maria
04-18-2011, 04:07 PM

:roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

maria maria
04-18-2011, 04:08 PM

Okay, not sure who is funnier....RJ or Gwen! :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

Cara in WA
04-18-2011, 08:41 PM

:lol: I read this last night and was a thinking you are one of those girls who really liked baldness? And then I just "got" it this morning. :lol: