PDA

View Full Version : Wording for graduation announcement please

BeckyOK
04-18-2011, 10:21 AM
I would love to hear your ideas for our graduation announcements. We will be makeing a photo type announcement-sorta like you see at Christmas.

Elysa Mac
04-18-2011, 02:34 PM
Is it an invitation to an event or simply an announcement of graduation and is it from homeschool high school?

Susan Seaman
04-18-2011, 03:04 PM
I'm working on this myself. We are going to send out a two-sided card (not folded) with a collage of photos.

Something similar to this: http://photocardchef.com/products/Magazine-Graduation-Announcements.html

And I've checked out some wordings here (http://www.homeschooldiploma.com/announcement-details-1/suggested-texts.html), and believe I'll do something along these lines:

We celebrate the blessing
of our homeschooling journey
by announcing the
High School Graduation
of our daughter
Rebecca Ann Seaman
We thank God for the
privilege it has been
to invest in her life and education
Please join us in a celebration for her and other TEACH graduates
on Friday, May 20, 2011 at 6:00 pm
Grace Fellowship Church
Sunset Drive
Johnson City, Tennessee

Elysa Mac
04-18-2011, 04:10 PM
Those are great ideas, Susan.

I'll be facing this same sort of thing twice next year. My oldest graduates in December and my next one in May.

One idea might be:

At the top---

"One chapter ends as another one begins."

And then maybe two photos side-by-side...a little kid shot and a graduation shot.

And then below---

______________ (insert name), Class of 2011

Joy in Alabama
04-18-2011, 04:59 PM
We bought some from Snapfish that just say Class of 2011 and below it Anna Allison.

BeckyOK
04-18-2011, 08:02 PM
WONDERFUL!!!! Those examples were exactly what I needed. :clap:

AmyinWI
04-18-2011, 10:27 PM
Ours was pretty basic,it said "announcing the graduation of Megan Nicole" with a photo,and scroll design...I basically looked at ideas on snapfish,and created my own photocard on photoshop.
On the back I glued a piece of paper with the open house info.

Alicia
04-18-2011, 10:34 PM
I always included a Bible verse on our boys' announcements, such as Jeremiah 29:11 "I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."