PDA

View Full Version : Mary Kay Questions

Negin
04-19-2011, 03:11 AM
I'm generally low-maintenance.
I never wear make up (although I used to wear LOTS :eek: ;)).

1. I love exfoliation and like the MK Time Wise Microdermabrasion Kit (http://www.marykay.com/skincare/agefighting/TimeWiseMicrodermabrasionSet/default.aspx).
I'm usually more of a Paula's Choice type, but now and again, I like to switch things around.

2. I don't like dark shadows under my eyes and having a shiny forehead.
Given that I don't like to wear make up, particularly obvious make up, does MK have any products that would help in these 2 areas - a concealer or skin brightener or whatever to help hide the dark shadows? Blotting Paper (http://www.marykay.com/skincare/specificneeds/10041758/10041758/default.aspx) that actually works for the shiny forehead? Is there any kind of mineral-ish make up that doesn't show. I have huge issues with foundation and finding the right shade. Concealer also. Is there any kind of product that hides dark shadows effectively and discreetly?

3. Any other absolutely amazing things that are low-maintenance for me?

4. Ds, in particular, but both dc, do tend to break out. Ds is not one to go for an entire acne line. Would the MK Acne Gel (http://www.marykay.com/skincare/specificneeds/10043125/10043125/default.aspx) work in and of itself?

5. These questions are mostly with regards to travel and our upcoming trip. I do not want to be traveling with too much stuff. Again, low-maintenance, if at all, is more my style. :)

Thank you! :)

Heather W
04-19-2011, 08:32 AM
Negin I use MK's Oil Control Lotion. Lovely stuff. :)

Luisa
04-19-2011, 10:02 AM
Try DHC products. They have an oil control cream that works amazingly! Here it is, it's the velvet skin coat http://www.dhccare.com/DHC/BestSellers.aspx. Order a catalog. I love ordering from here because you also get to try some of their other things. They send samples out with placed orders, ones that you get to choose.
Also mineral powders work great for me in the shine department. I don't wear "make-up", never have. But the mineral powder tends to make my face look even toned without the nasty caked-on feel. Not sure if they have travel size options.
As far as the concealer, I think I have heard about one; Clinique makes it and it is supposed to be great. But that's all I know about it.
Not too sure about your kids though. I just have mine, at the moment, use facial cleansing wipes. But they haven't really started the breaking out stage yet. So I'll be keeping on eye on this thread to see what advice you get.:)

Negin
04-20-2011, 03:46 AM
Thank you both. :)
Off to look at your suggestions. :D

ShelleyW
04-21-2011, 09:31 PM
Negin, I am a big fan of MK products. I have been using MK since I was 18!

I love the Microdermabrasion. It is fantastic stuff. I also love the mineral make-up. It is very light. Hides minor flaws but doesn't look like you have anything on. I highly recommend it.

MK also makes an oil controller that I have used on and off. I don't wear a lot of make-up and go through phases where I will use it regularly. Now I am out of it and have not reordered. I cannot remember what it is called. It is different than the oil-control lotion. They do have concealers and colored creams to hide dark circles, highlight your face etc but I have never used them.

I don't find the acne gel to be really strong. My dd uses it but she combines it w/the Velocity line so I am not sure how it would work on its own. She is only 11 so she is really only dealing w/mild acne.

I use the entire TimeWise line and find it to be pretty low maintenance. The cleanser is 2 in 1 so you don't need a toner and the moisturizer is great. I hope I don't sound like a consultant b/c I am not, just a happy customer. :)

Gitel in nj
04-21-2011, 10:19 PM
N
I use the entire TimeWise line and find it to be pretty low maintenance. The cleanser is 2 in 1 so you don't need a toner and the moisturizer is great. I hope I don't sound like a consultant b/c I am not, just a happy customer. :)

My neighbor is a MK consultant and I love the mascara--I bought the TimeWise moisturizer and within 3 days I had an allergic reaction. I had red spots all over my cheeks. :unsure: I have very sensitive skin and I am sure that was the issue. I will not buy anything else from MK (except that mascara) Now I use Sensaria's soothing moisturizer. :thumb:

Negin
04-22-2011, 05:10 AM
Thanks, Shelley and Gitel.
I'm very happy with Paula's Choice and love her stuff. But now and again, I like to make things more interesting, as I did with MK Timewise Microdermabrasion.
Off to do more online searching.
I wish there was a really easy-to-use and super-effective product for ds's breakouts. I have yet to find one.

rachelmn
04-22-2011, 10:47 AM
Chloe has had some great success with Alba's new acne treatment gel. She doesn't use the whole line.

Julie in FL
04-22-2011, 12:52 PM
Try DHC products. :clap::clap:
Love DHC products!!! Definitely check them out!

Negin
04-23-2011, 04:28 AM
Try DHC products. They have an oil control cream that works amazingly! Here it is, it's the velvet skin coat http://www.dhccare.com/DHC/BestSellers.aspx.

:clap::clap:
Love DHC products!!! Definitely check them out!

Luisa and Julie, I just placed an order for a few things from them :D. Thanks to you both. :kiss: Luisa, yes, I ordered the Oil Control Cream. I need to see if they'll send me a catalog here. I'm a catalog type. Since the order is going to our shipping company, I thought the catalog might get lost/misplaced.

My neighbor is a MK consultant and I love the mascara
Gitel, you were in my dream last night. :) :group:

Chloe has had some great success with Alba's new acne treatment gel. She doesn't use the whole line.
Thanks, Rachel. Added this to consider if the DHC acne product doesn't work. The Alba stuff is inexpensive, so I may very well order that also.

Gitel in nj
04-23-2011, 02:55 PM
Gitel, you were in my dream last night. :) :group:

I wonder if i was in your dream while I was actually wondering around downstairs because i couldn't sleep (see my BSA rant)--that would be kinda cool :cool: I hope we had a nice visit! :lol:

Negin
04-23-2011, 07:04 PM
I wonder if i was in your dream while I was actually wondering around downstairs because i couldn't sleep (see my BSA rant)--that would be kinda cool :cool: I hope we had a nice visit! :lol:
:roflol: :group: :roflol:
I hope you sleep better tonight. :group: :group: :group:
But thanks for making me laugh. :lol:

Gitel in nj
04-23-2011, 09:13 PM
:roflol: :group: :roflol:
I hope you sleep better tonight. :group: :group: :group:
But thanks for making me laugh. :lol:

Thanks Negin, unfortunately I don't think I will...I am in a very "yucky" mood :sad: Becoming an "older' female stinks--especially in a house of men who just don't get it! :sad: I never used to be like this...

On another note, perhaps you should have your DS take Olive leaf extract. It has been shown to have a very powerful anti-biotic like affect on acne. I'm sure in your research you must have come across this.

Negin
04-24-2011, 04:46 AM
Thanks Negin, unfortunately I don't think I will...I am in a very "yucky" mood :sad: Becoming an "older' female stinks--especially in a house of men who just don't get it! :sad: I never used to be like this...
Sorry. Thinking of you a lot these days.
:sad: :group: :sad:

On another note, perhaps you should have your DS take Olive leaf extract. It has been shown to have a very powerful anti-biotic like affect on acne. I'm sure in your research you must have come across this.
Yes, I have heard of it.
Can't remember if one applies it or takes it internally. Need to go back and look at my notes.