PDA

View Full Version : Spiritial Warfare

JennyO
04-19-2011, 02:40 PM
I am certain that the enemy has been selecting very unique bait to my circumstances to try and make me stumble. And the last couple of days I have seen these things first hand. But, I know the Lord rules over my life, and I hide in the shelter of His Wings. Not hiding in fear. But, knowing that I can abide in Him and pray against the enemy!

One thing that I have learned so much about and am making wonderful headway in is with personal boundaries. Oh! And people, including Christians, don't like the change in me :) It's not like I've turned mean or anything:lol: Rather, it's confidence that Christ gives me. Confidence that I can say no and yes to things in ways that will bless and minister my husband and children in this season of my life. It's confidence that allows me to give a simple answer without elaborating and not feeling bad about it.

Also, I've noticed people having issues with our homeschool lifestyle. We have a special needs child in the house and we structure our days for the good of our family. All of my kids are happy! We love our lives (but yes, there are struggles), and I am getting comments lately how loving my kids are(NOT perfect!) I don't know how to explain this exactly. But, it seems to me that a few individuals want the benefits of my 'loving' children (by trying to spend time with them...getting them away from me), yet they are the ones who are having a issues with just how the Lord is cultivating these attributes in my children. They cannot see how the Lord is using a disabled family member to mature and refine our family.

These individuals make me uncomfortable and my discernment is telling me to pray and also to be on guard. Honestly, I sense the enemy's hand in this somehow. Both, in wanting me to be fearful and also in the motives of these particular individuals ( a few who are Christians, btw.)

Anyway, I just felt the need to share. I know that if I seek the Lord first and keep praying that S*tan will have no strongholds over us!

TonyaP
04-19-2011, 08:56 PM
:group:

Nancy Ann
04-19-2011, 11:28 PM
I am so happy to hear this!:group: I know you have struggled with some of this in the past and am so glad to hear how Christ is working in your life. I am so glad you are loving your family. Very encouraging.

It is very hard to be misunderstood, I am glad at least these people see the goodness of your family even if they don't understand why it's there.

Laura F
04-20-2011, 08:49 AM
Thanks for sharing, Jenny!