PDA

View Full Version : have you seen T-Mobile's version of the Royal Wedding?

Stacia
04-19-2011, 11:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kav0FEhtLug

:lol:

(Dd & I are looking forward to getting up extra early to watch the real thing! How about you??? My ds said he would watch the wedding stuff w/ us if the wedding would be something like the T-Mobile ad. :lol:)

ETA: Just saw this -- starting 24 hours before the wedding, you will be able to download the official wedding program (or programme for those across the pond):
http://www.officialroyalwedding2011.org/blog/2011/April/19/The-Official-Souvenir-Wedding-Programme
That's neat. I think dd will enjoy getting to see it.

Melanie
04-20-2011, 09:22 AM
That was fun! Thanks for sharing!!!

KathleenM
04-20-2011, 09:54 AM
They did a great job with this - very funny!

LynnDinKY
04-20-2011, 10:08 AM
That's a riot! They should do it in real life!:roflol::roflol::roflol:

Susan Seaman
04-20-2011, 11:51 AM
I have fond memories of getting up early and watching Charles and Di's wedding 30 years ago. So I have convinced my kids (even the boys) to get up and watch it together live (even though TiVo has been invented since then). I have promised them a full English breakfast and told them that we can to running commentary in our British accents (which they are all quite good at, but I can only seem to manage an Indian British accent as in "Can I help you troubleshoot your computer?").

Gitel in nj
04-20-2011, 11:57 AM
That's a riot! They should do it in real life!:roflol::roflol::roflol:

:yes:

Way back when Prince Charles married Diana I was studying in London. We got up at about 3am to get a good spot on the street--I was right at the curb near St Pauls (my charming American accent--helped secure the spot :roflol:) and have the most amazing pictures of Princess Diana waving to the crowd from her carriage. I also have lots of "souvenir stuff" from that historic event.

I will be watching this one from the comfort of my own living room...

Stacia
04-20-2011, 12:40 PM
I have promised them a full English breakfast

I like this idea! :clap: We may have to do that too. What are you planning to serve?

Way back when Prince Charles married Diana I was studying in London. We got up at about 3am to get a good spot on the street--I was right at the curb near St Pauls (my charming American accent--helped secure the spot :roflol:) and have the most amazing pictures of Princess Diana waving to the crowd from her carriage. I also have lots of "souvenir stuff" from that historic event.

Oh how very fun & cool! I bet it was amazing to be there in the crowds & to experience it that way. I remember getting up early & watching Charles & Di's wedding. Can't wait to watch this one too. I've always had a soft spot for Prince William because he shares my birthday. :D

Susan Seaman
04-20-2011, 12:55 PM
I like this idea! :clap: We may have to do that too. What are you planning to serve?

Well, a full English breakfast consists of fruit juice, cereal, a main dish (which includes several fried foods - we'll be doing bacon, sausage, eggs, fried potatoes and onions and maybe fried bread (bread fried in bacon grease - sounds decadent) and baked beans because I remember them being served at breakfast when I was in London), tea with milk, toast and marmalade. If you check on wikipedia there is a full list of potential ingredients. My son is just pumped to eat cereal and bacon and eggs on the same day! We definitely won't be serving blood sausage or kidneys, but most of the other choices sound good.

[QUOTE=Stacia;931606]Oh how very fun & cool! I bet it was amazing to be there in the crowds & to experience it that way. I remember getting up early & watching Charles & Di's wedding. Can't wait to watch this one too. I've always had a soft spot for Prince William because he shares my birthday. :D

My oldest son has the same birthday as William as well. He mentions it every time it comes up!

I just found some royal wedding lesson plans here: http://www.lessonplanet.com/lesson-planning-article/homeschooling/a-royal-wedding-facts-figures-and-basic-economics

Jodi B
04-20-2011, 01:41 PM
:lol:

Stacia
04-20-2011, 01:51 PM
My oldest son has the same birthday as William as well. He mentions it every time it comes up!

I just found some royal wedding lesson plans here: http://www.lessonplanet.com/lesson-planning-article/homeschooling/a-royal-wedding-facts-figures-and-basic-economics

Thanks for the breakfast ideas & the lesson plan. I'm going to have to print that one out. Dd can appreciate it, I think, because my sister is an event coordinator; looking at the planning/budgeting will be fun for her because it's the kind of thing that her aunt does all the time.

:cool: about your son's birthday! Another solstice person! :D

Joy in Alabama
04-20-2011, 02:08 PM
We don't have real TV. Is there a way I could watch it on the internet?

I got up early and went to my mother's house when Charles married Diana and we were glued to the whole thing! I love it all!

maria maria
04-20-2011, 02:41 PM
We don't have real TV. Is there a way I could watch it on the internet?

Here you go:
http://www.officialroyalwedding2011.org/blog/2011/April/20/Royal-Wedding-invitation

Alicia
04-20-2011, 02:44 PM
My ds and dil live in Scotland. On our last morning visiting them last summer, my ds made us a full English breakfast. He made:
~ Fried eggs
~ Back bacon
~ Sausages
~ Grilled tomatoes
~ Whole fried mushrooms
~ Black pudding
~ Baked beans
~ Fried bread
~ Tea
:)

LynnDinKY
04-20-2011, 04:25 PM
:yes:

I will be watching this one from the comfort of my own living room...

AWESOME!!!! How cool is that! I remember just adoring Princess Diana as a little girl. I can't remember watching the wedding. I would love to see the whole thing again.

Of course as I got older, I realized that they weren't happy and no one in that marriage was innocent.
:unsure:

maria maria
04-20-2011, 06:30 PM
Baked beans.....how odd. I lived in England with family friends for a while and never had baked beans at any of our breakfasts, even the full English ones. Perhaps my friends just do not care for baked beans at breakfast. :lol: We did have beans on toast for lunch while visiting another friend, so baked beans were served. :)

The full English Breakfast sounds like fun! I'm glad it was mentioned as I had not even thought of what we would eat other than tea and biscuits(as in cookies) just for fun. :D

I too have fond memories of getting up in the wee hours to see the Royal Wedding decades ago. It was bitter sweet, as I so longed to be there since it was less than a year since I had been in England.

Very much looking forward to this Royal Wedding! :)