PDA

View Full Version : A facebook question...

Susie in MS
04-21-2011, 12:46 PM
How do I block post from certain people that I really like, but they just load my home page with frivolous stuff that takes up my time scrolling thru? I don't want to unfriend them, just block their post from my home page.

Gitel in nj
04-21-2011, 12:54 PM
are you talking about games and stuff? or do they post all day long?

Jodi B
04-21-2011, 01:00 PM
You can stop their news feeds by positioning your cursor over to the top right side of one of their posts; once you see the X click on it and you have a couple of options, including not seeing any of their posts.

I've had to do that in recent weeks with a couple of people. :(

Alicia
04-21-2011, 01:21 PM
You can just hide their posts by doing what Jodi said. I have done that with several people who seem to always have an agenda on FB. I just do FB for fun and to keep up with everyone and their pictures, not to constantly see political posts, farmville, etc.

Susie in MS
04-21-2011, 01:34 PM
Oh great ladies!! The x had me scared I was gonna block the people completely. I don't mind political post, but all of these (read a LOT) of youtube music vids and silly stuff like I need coffee, things like that that just get in my way. Anyway this worked. Thanks!!

I had someone help me get rid of farmville and the games a while back. Boy was that a relief! Hehe!

Jodi B
04-21-2011, 01:42 PM
Yeah, I never got into Farmville or any of the other FB games ... some people tried to get me into it but I always refused. :unsure:

Susie in MS
04-21-2011, 02:18 PM
Yeah, I never got into Farmville or any of the other FB games ... some people tried to get me into it but I always refused. :unsure:

I much prefer spending my time doing FIAR lesson plans! :lol: For real!

Alicia
04-21-2011, 05:44 PM
You have to click on your account and "Edit friends" to remove a friend or to "Privacy Settings" to block someone. If you block someone, they can't have any contact with you or see your wall, etc.

Shannon P
04-22-2011, 12:45 AM
If you click on "Most Recent" at the top, there is a drop down menu. Choose "Status Updates" and you'll only see status updates and not the other silly stuff like youtube, without having to hide or block anybody.:)