PDA

View Full Version : Stain pre-treatments?

Jekka Renee
06-02-2011, 07:17 AM
Spring is in full swing here!

...which means all of my kids clothes are well used, muddy, stained and possibly torn by the end of every day.

I'm one of those people who dabble in everything - Shout, Oxyclean, etc. but nothing seems to really work. I'm looking for a solution! What do you all use for those grass/ dirt/ blood/ chocolate stains? Do you use the same thing for everything, or different products for different stains?

Jen in OK
06-02-2011, 07:43 AM
I use the shout gel that has the scrubby thing on the bottle and it gets out just about everything. The only thing that it hasn't worked on is a chocolate ice cream stain that sat overnight.

BethInOK
06-02-2011, 08:06 AM
I know what you mean. I end up washing 2 outfits a day sometimes with my kids.. and the worst is when both outfits are muddy!!
I 2nd the scrubby Shout Gel thing. Works well on most stuff. I also use a Clorox gel pen to get stains out of white clothes.

Lindy
06-02-2011, 08:13 AM
I use the shout gel that has the scrubby thing on the bottle and it gets out just about everything. The only thing that it hasn't worked on is a chocolate ice cream stain that sat overnight.

Ditto! But lately I can't find it. And I too am on the hunt for a new stain treatment.

I use Charlie's Soap and tried their pre-treatment spray. It works pretty good. It seems you have to spray SO much on, and at almost $12 a spray bottle that is too costly for me.

Sheri
06-02-2011, 08:48 AM
I use a Stain Stick, but for REALLY big stains (and stains from deodorant, you know those dark stains under the arms of shirts) I fill a 5 gallon bucket with water/oxyclean and let the clothes soak for at least 24 hours.

Seriously have to have patience and time for that one though, so it only happens a few times a year.

Jenni
06-02-2011, 03:34 PM
blood-peroxide, slowly pour over until it bubbles up and disappears
chocolate or berries-pour boiling water over until is disappears and keep
wet until it gets laundered
grass/mud/dirt-spray on Shout
greasy stuff-dawn dish soap
baby poop-spray n wash dual power (although sadlly enough I can't find it
anymore)
marker/pen-goof off 2 from the paint aisle at Home Depot (spray on version)

I just have not found a solution for mustard yet.