PDA

View Full Version : Read-Alouds ~ Week of June 20th-26th

Negin
06-20-2011, 04:13 AM
Not much in the way of read-alouds at all this week. Mostly travel-related books and some of The Wee Free Men (lots of funny parts, too bad that our copy is too heavy and bulky to take with us, but my goodness, the illustrations are amazing).

I won't be here next week and will be gone for the next month. If anyone (Stacia, Judy, anyone?) wishes to start this thread every week, please do so while I'm gone. Thank you :kiss:.

What are your read-alouds this week? Happy and fun reading everyone. Will miss you all. :group:

http://www.persiannetwork.co.nz/images/dog20-20reading20book20funny20photo.jpg

Rachel Jane
06-20-2011, 05:46 AM
http://www.amazon.com/Hat-Full-Sky-Continuing-Adventures/dp/0060586621
A Hat Full of Sky

Stacia
06-20-2011, 09:14 AM
some of The Wee Free Men (lots of funny parts, too bad that our copy is too heavy and bulky to take with us, but my goodness, the illustrations are amazing).

We managed to pick up a copy of the illustrated version at a used book sale last week. :clap: It's now dd's copy as she loves the illustrations. Ds & I prefer the non-illustrated version (the pics don't match the pics in our heads ;):lol:).

I won't be here next week and will be gone for the next month. If anyone (Stacia, Judy, anyone?) wishes to start this thread every week, please do so while I'm gone. Thank you :kiss:.

What are your read-alouds this week? Happy and fun reading everyone. Will miss you all. :group:

I will try to remember to start this thread. But, gals, if I forget, please jump in post! :) Negin, I will so miss seeing you here on the boards. Hope your trip is fabulous & filled with wonderful things (including chocolate croissants). :D Can't wait to hear all about it when you return!

http://www.amazon.com/Hat-Full-Sky-Continuing-Adventures/dp/0060586621
A Hat Full of Sky

:clap: I guess you enjoyed The Wee Free Men enough to move on to the sequel?

Rachel Jane
06-20-2011, 09:24 AM
:yes:

molly in cr
06-20-2011, 09:25 AM
We read Mr. Popper's Penguins last week.

Now we are reading The Mysterious Benedict Society. The kids are really enjoying it!

Plugging along with Anne and dd. We are now in Anne's House of Dreams, one of my favorites in the series.

Kisha
06-20-2011, 01:27 PM
We're finishing up Invisible Stanley and still reading Gentle Ben.

Angela Rose
06-20-2011, 01:48 PM
We are still workin gon Farmer Boy and dh is still reading from the Littles series.

Rebe
06-20-2011, 02:30 PM
Still reading Matilda.

Have a wonderful trip, Negin!

Negin
06-21-2011, 04:54 AM
Negin, I will so miss seeing you here on the boards. Hope your trip is fabulous & filled with wonderful things (including chocolate croissants). :D Can't wait to hear all about it when you return!

Thanks, Stacia and HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you!!! :D
Yep, when we have chocolate croissants, I'll be thinking of you. :group:

Have a wonderful trip, Negin!
Thanks so much, Rebe. :group:

Judyn
06-21-2011, 12:19 PM
It will be strange coming to this thread without seeing your posts. I hope that you and your family have a terrific time. How blessed your kids are to get to go to such wonderful places. It will be a great learning experience on top of great memories with their family.:cool:

We have started the next Humphrey. The girls are LOVING this cute hammy!

Negin
06-22-2011, 12:53 AM
It will be strange coming to this thread without seeing your posts. I hope that you and your family have a terrific time. How blessed your kids are to get to go to such wonderful places. It will be a great learning experience on top of great memories with their family.:cool:
Thanks so much, Judy :group:. We feel so blessed and grateful ... although, right now, with all the last-minute stuff, overwhelmed is more like it :eek: :lol:. Once we get on that flight, it will be nice to relax and hopefully sleep. :)

Thanks again, everyone. I will miss you all. :group: