PDA

View Full Version : Update: I spoke to the mom

Alice R
08-12-2011, 10:39 AM
Mom called me from Utah and I simply told her what happened. Nothing more, nothing less.

Mom said that they have been talking about puberty a bit, which is hard considering X's emotional maturity level. Maybe that triggered if off in her mind. She said "I'm sorry, X can be very inappropriate sometimes"

She wanted X to apologize. I said that it was totally not necessary because Alise understands that X has special needs and we already talked about it and it is all fine. She said X probably wouldn't remember it anyway.

I did tell her that I wanted her to know because if she grabbed another child like that, it might not have ended so easily. I also gently GENTLY hinted that she might want to check and see if X picked this up from somewhere. (my years of working with special needs children and adults makes me very cynical about this subject, I'm sorry to say)

So, I then asked her about her trip briefly and that was it.

I'm so glad that is done. Big sigh.

Thank you for the help. :group:

shonda in ca
08-12-2011, 12:09 PM
:group: You did good, friend!!

Rachel Jane
08-12-2011, 01:39 PM
:group: You did good, friend!!

:yes;
You handled it with grace. I am sure she appreciates you being forthright and kind.

Sue C
08-12-2011, 01:40 PM
So glad you were able to talk to her and it went well. I prayed all day yesterday and got on now to check. Again, :group::group: to you and your daughter. God is good.

LillianD
08-12-2011, 02:49 PM
You handled it well, and with courage! I think I would have been tempted to not say anything and avoid an awkward conversation, but what you did was the right thing for all involved:group:.

AmyinWI
08-12-2011, 09:48 PM
I'm so glad you were able to talk to her,and she seemed understanding. I would have been nervous about the topic also.