PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping issues?

Christi in OH
09-30-2011, 07:14 AM
Veronica(8 w/t21) is causing some disruptions with her sleep. She shares a bedroom with Ephraim and they both go to bed around 8pm. She won't stay in her bed and comes to our bed during the night. She is very restless and kicks and moves and is just a bad bed partner. The worst is she has started getting up any time after 5. Well today it was a bit earlier that she was awake. She can't just get up on her own because she goes down stairs and gets into trouble. If we close her in her bedroom she just bugs her brother.

I am tired. Any suggestions?

Rachel Jane
09-30-2011, 07:16 AM
:group:

WendyW
09-30-2011, 07:44 AM
this isn't helpful, but...

I read the question, saw RJ's avatar, and my first thought was "dog kennel"! :lol:

Laura F
09-30-2011, 08:32 AM
Could she go to bed a little later so that she sleeps longer? Does she have a clock in the room so she knows when it's okay to get up? What about a stack of reading material that she can quietly read if she wakes up earlier than her brother?

I have a difficult sleeper, too, and she is sneaky. She wakes up earlier than everyone else, goes downstairs, and causes all sorts of trouble. :group:

Rachel Jane
09-30-2011, 11:57 AM
this isn't helpful, but...

I read the question, saw RJ's avatar, and my first thought was "dog kennel"! :lol:

I am fairly certain that isn't a good option here. :lol:

Is there a way to separate Ephraim from the equation?

Christi in OH
09-30-2011, 01:17 PM
Unfortunately we live in a century house that was a double so things are pretty chopped up bedroom-wise. I'll have to think on how we could move things around to give Veronica her own room. I hate to give her the biggest bedroom in the Boise but unless the boys share that is the only option. But maybe they could for a while. It would be best for her to have a room she can't leave.

Something to pray on.

Rachel Jane
09-30-2011, 01:47 PM
Is there a reason why you don't want the boys to share?
L could be in with you, but in his own space, the boys could share and Veronica could have her own room.

My sons have shared a bedroom their entire lives. We have a small office that doubles as a guest room and a rec room. Either of those could be an extra bedroom, but we chose to have them together.

Christi in OH
09-30-2011, 02:27 PM
10 year age gap would be the only thing. Not sure the teen wants to share with the wild preschooler. It is an option I have considered before. At some point Veronica and Loretta(the baby) will have to share a space. Hmmm.

Rachel Jane
09-30-2011, 02:33 PM
10 year age gap would be the only thing. Not sure the teen wants to share with the wild preschooler. It is an option I have considered before. At some point Veronica and Loretta(the baby) will have to share a space. Hmmm.

I can understand that. How could you sweeten that for both of them? Is your preschooler a good sleeper for the most part?

Christi in OH
09-30-2011, 02:50 PM
The only time E wakes is when he is coming down with something. He thinks W is the best person alive so no problem for him. We could talk about some privacy guidelines for W. The room they would share is really big. Right now there are two twin beds, two dressers, a small book shelf, a king size bed and a night stand with floor to spare for playing. Most of the kid toys stay downstairs right now. One of the rooms upstairs has no heat and only three outisde walls - a dormer not really a room. We used as a play room this summer so we could share the one AC for sleeping.

W said he would think about it.

Kellie in NE
09-30-2011, 03:14 PM
:group:
I have similar sleeping issues with my little one and understand the safety issues concerned with her getting up and roaming the house. Unfortunately, I really do not have many answers just wanted to share some ideas that others have shared with me.

Would a bed tent help? Our daughter really likes to be wrapped up tightly in a blanket and have her weighted blanket on her. What about some white noise or some music-classical music helps calm our little one down.

I will be praying for you.

Hollie in SC
10-02-2011, 07:58 PM
Another thought would be for him not to share the room completely--just for sleeping. :group:

AmyinWI
10-02-2011, 11:22 PM
I dont' know how your dd would like a tent bed, but I recently bought one for G (4yo) it fits right over a twin mattress. He actually likes it alot, he seems to like enclosed spaces. I put his soft stuffed animals in there,and if he wakes up he plays with them.

I ordered one on the website www.myreadysetbloom.com There was quite a long waiting period, as it's a small 2 person business, but I was very happy with the tent bed I received. I am going to be ordering a second one soon as a backup.
It has really helped our family because we know G is safe at night.