PDA

View Full Version : i-Pad questions

Angela in MT
12-11-2011, 01:10 PM
We are considering the purchase of an i-Pad, primarily for our daughter with ds.

We are wondering:
1. is it worth the extra money to get the 32 or 64 GB versions?
2. is there a big difference between i-pad and i-pad2?

Would love to hear your thoughts!

Thanks!

Hollie in SC
12-29-2011, 04:39 PM
:hi: Angela!

What are your goals for using it with her? Many apps are small. (I have an Itouch, not an Ipad). The things that seem to take up a lot of room on my Itouch are podcasts and videos. If money isn't a major issue, I would opt for the bigger one.

Most of Noah's teachers and therapists use Ipads at school now with the kids in his class (and at his last school which is all special needs kids). :)

Jo in PRC
12-29-2011, 08:32 PM
We got the iPad 2...Anna loves the camera and making her own videos. (So, yes, we also got 64 GB).

I can't tell you how much we use the iPad for school and fun and traveling!

Leslie Nelsen
12-30-2011, 10:30 PM
We have an iPad - got it before there was a 2. Eliana LOVES it! I'm amazed at how well she scoots around on it too. We have a 32 GB and it has worked well for us.

The iPad 2 can take pictures which would use more space. We don't use ours for holding pictures and other things which take up space. We have had ours for a little over a year and have 26 available on it.

Hope this helps - you will love it!

Angela in MT
01-02-2012, 08:47 PM
Thanks for the replies ladies!

We did get one for christmas and I am amazed! We didn't even have smart phones or anything similar, so this is a whole new world for us!

Hollie in SC
01-02-2012, 08:49 PM
:clap: How fun! We have a sticky here that you might enjoy: http://www.fiarhq.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86291

Let us know if you find something :cool:!!

Cate OH
01-02-2012, 08:54 PM
:clap: How fun! We have a sticky here that you might enjoy: http://www.fiarhq.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86291

Let us know if you find something :cool:!!

WOW! Thanks!
A Barton app is in the works so I am working hard to save up to buy an i-pad.