View Full Version : Pediatrician Visit Yesterday

12-29-2011, 12:29 AM
I took the kids to the pediatrician yesterday, and I explained some of the problems that I've been having with Kadar (aloofness at times, anger management, very non-flexible, has to have things in a certain order). These have always been issues with him. I've brought them up with previous pediatricians but haven't been taken seriously.

From the symptoms that I described (and others--too plentiful to list here), he said that it sounds like he's somewhere on the autism spectrum and referred us to a child psychologist.

The more I'm finding out about autism, the more it's starting to click for me that this may be his issue. I'm not sure what exactly will change in our day-to-day experience if he were to be diagnosed though. We're going to keep re-directing his energy, teaching him to calm himself down, etc. I just hope we'll be armed with more tools to do that.

I've already bought The Out of Sync Child and The Out of Sync Child Has Fun. Are there any other resources that I can look for?

Hollie in SC
12-29-2011, 03:20 PM
:group: Kisha, it sounds like a good appointment and that you are doing a great job. Praying for you and your family, my friend.:group:

Leslie Nelsen
12-30-2011, 09:32 PM
No advice, but sending hugs! You are doing a great job in being persistent and I'm glad you have a per that listened to you!

I have those books and they are great ones. One of my boys has Sensory Processing Disorder and those activities have been good with him. :)