PDA

View Full Version : Evaluations

Jennifer in VA
01-24-2012, 09:30 AM
Just got back from O/T and P/T this morning. O/T is wondering if there are more learning glitches that haven't been diagnosed yet!:eek::eek:

UGH! is my first thought. Now, makes me wonder how long until we fully get it all figured out and help in place. He's been in speech since he was 4 (now 12), O/T for about 3 years, just started with a Learning Center this past June, and picked up P/T over the summer too.

Still trying hard to not "beat myself up" over not pushing harder and at a younger to get more help.

Hollie in SC
01-24-2012, 10:37 AM
:group: I'm sorry you had one of those really discouraging times this morning. It is always hard on a mom's heart, isn't it? We always want to heap that guilt upon ourselves as well. Jennifer, it sounds like you are doing a great job. These issues just aren't easy to see (i.e. there is no manual for your child with a list of things to work on). Sometimes you think you are at your destination and realize that it is just a step in the process. It is more like a difficult mystery with a little Amazing Race thrown in. :spin:

Today Jane's post from another thread reminded me to look back at the progress we've made. I often get lost in the "now" or "how far we have to go", but if I look back I can see how far we have come. Yes, the road ahead may be longer than I expected or different than I planned. However, he has come a long way.:hcry:

Praying for you to be encouraged today and for you to be able to find the very specific help he needs.:group:

Jennifer in VA
01-24-2012, 02:36 PM
Talked to Simon's tutor as well regarding the O/T's concerns. She is starting to have some concerns as well, that he isn't progress like they'd hoped.

Got a recommendation for a Neuropsychologist for more in depth testing. Big sigh!

Hollie in SC
01-24-2012, 02:43 PM
:group: