PDA

View Full Version : sweaters for young men

Rachel Jane
01-30-2012, 07:26 PM
Where can I get nice ones without them costing a fortune?

L (16) joined community orchestra and likes to wear semi-dress clothes which is khakis and a sweater over a white T-shirt. He owns one very beautiful blueish grey sweater. It is soft and comfy and changes color in the light. We bought it in PA at a men's store and it cost big $$. He is particular about texture and picky about style all of a sudden. Cut his hair. Joined Orchestra. Wants dress clothes. This is the same kid who we had to bathe several times a day when he was little and only had his hair cut once a year, if that.

Marcia
01-30-2012, 08:12 PM

Do you have a higher-end consignment store in your area? Lydia works at one, and she has gotten Levi some great sweaters.

ETA~We have also found some at JCPenney's.

Ami
01-30-2012, 08:34 PM
I second JCP.

Gitel in nj
01-30-2012, 08:34 PM

L (16) joined community orchestra and likes to wear semi-dress clothes which is khakis and a sweater over a white T-shirt. He owns one very beautiful blueish grey sweater. It is soft and comfy and changes color in the light. We bought it in PA at a men's store and it cost big $$. He is particular about texture and picky about style all of a sudden. Cut his hair. Joined Orchestra. Wants dress clothes. This is the same kid who we had to bathe several times a day when he was little and only had his hair cut once a year, if that.

Most days, B wears a sweater over a whit t-shirt with jeans and top siders. I got him some very nice sweaters at Kohls. They cost between $22 and $32 at the most. They wash well. We have also gotten some nice sweaters for him at American Eagle. They usually cost between $28-$35. Another good source very inexpensive has been old navy. We have not had luck at The Gap--too pricey and he never really likes them. Target is hit and miss.

Editing to say that I just checked the websites of most of the stores I mentioned. They are not showing much. I am not an online shopper--we go to the store. Of course, they may be starting to show spring clothes now...

Lindsey Carter
01-30-2012, 10:16 PM
I like Old Navy when shopping for my dh.

Jennifer in VA
01-31-2012, 02:12 AM
Kohl's and JCPenneys have the best selection consistently; best prices too. Haven't shopped at Old Navy, Gap, or Target for sweaters in a very long time.

Rachel Jane
01-31-2012, 05:33 AM
Thanks!
We have both a Kohls and an Old Navy close by. I will have L check them out.
:clap:

Rachel Jane
01-31-2012, 02:42 PM
We went to Khols. L tried on 4 sweaters and two pairs of Khakis. We came home with two sweaters and the khakis for less than the cost of the original sweater. It is a good start. The sweaters were on the sale rack and we got one for $13 and one for $18. The khakis were buy one, get the second 1/2 off so we did well.:clap:

Alicia
01-31-2012, 04:15 PM
Are you near a Stein Mart? They have nice sweaters, etc. for less.

Rachel Jane
01-31-2012, 04:40 PM
Alicia, I don't think so. I have never heard of Stein Mart.

Marcia
01-31-2012, 04:53 PM
:clap: