PDA

View Full Version : Looking for app with sync capability

ShayChristie
02-01-2012, 09:29 AM
Am i dreaming? Remember the old Palms? You could sync them up to share data. Why can't these cool new fangled gadgets do that? If they can, can you tell me how?

I want o be able to make a list for my kids, send it their Touch, have them do it, check it off and send it back to me. Am i asking that much? Do you know of such an app? :unsure:

Carol S
02-01-2012, 09:52 AM
I don't know of one and would be happy to hear of such a thing, but just wanted to say:

Can you believe we have both been around here long enough to remember when the questions used to be about nifty Palm programs for moms? :eek: :D :kiss:

Angela Rose
02-01-2012, 10:07 AM
I hesitate to post because I am pretty bad with technology.....

BUT check out cozi (http://www.cozi.com/live-simply?redir=home). It is FREE and I recently put it on my i-phone so dh and I could share a calendar, to-do lists, and shopping lists.
Calendar - you can give everyone in your family a different color and color-code events.
T-do lists - You can great several different to-do lists and check them off from your phone. You can create a to-do list and then e-mail to someone in your family. The same applies for shopping lists.
You can set it up so that member's of your family receive an e-mail at the beginning of the week with that week's events.

Con - although you can add, check off, and delete events from a to-do or shopping list from your phone, you can not create a NEW list from your phone. You have to create the new list on the regular site (on the computer). I am not sure how this works with the i-pad.

Each e-mail address can only be on one account. So make sure only one person in the family actually does the signing up, putting everyone's e-mail address on the same family account with the same family password.

Tracy-chi
02-01-2012, 10:19 AM
I hesitate to post because I am pretty bad with technology.....

BUT check out cozi (http://www.cozi.com/live-simply?redir=home). It is FREE and I recently put it on my i-phone so dh and I could share a calendar, to-do lists, and shopping lists.
Calendar - you can give everyone in your family a different color and color-code events.
T-do lists - You can great several different to-do lists and check them off from your phone. You can create a to-do list and then e-mail to someone in your family. The same applies for shopping lists.
You can set it up so that member's of your family receive an e-mail at the beginning of the week with that week's events.

Con - although you can add, check off, and delete events from a to-do or shopping list from your phone, you can not create a NEW list from your phone. You have to create the new list on the regular site (on the computer). I am not sure how this works with the i-pad.

Each e-mail address can only be on one account. So make sure only one person in the family actually does the signing up, putting everyone's e-mail address on the same family account with the same family password.

Love Cozi too. I can add a new list on my iPhone, hmmm

If you have Apple products, some of those synch up using the Cloud

What kind of Apps do you want to be able to synch? (kids, organization stuff etc)

ShayChristie
02-01-2012, 10:38 AM
Can you believe we have both been around here long enough to remember when the questions used to be about nifty Palm programs for moms? :eek: :D :kiss:

Bite your tongue! :lol: Palms were COOL! :cool:

Actually, I was thinking about it the other day when you posted recently about your 9yo "baby" and I thought there was no way he could be 9 already, until I realized my 2002 baby is 9 as well. :eyes: How did THAT happen? :eek:

I always feel so young until I look at my kids and do the math... :roflol:

Robin in Colorado
02-01-2012, 12:58 PM
Palms WERE cool. And still would be if Palm would get a clue. :eyes:

Anyway, you can create a "to do" list on your pc and put it in the cloud, and your kids can check it off from there.

Angela Rose
02-01-2012, 01:24 PM
Love Cozi too. I can add a new list on my iPhone, hmmm

If you have Apple products, some of those synch up using the Cloud

What kind of Apps do you want to be able to synch? (kids, organization stuff etc)

Thanks Tracy-chi! I figured it out (as I said, I am not that great with technology.)

Michele
02-01-2012, 06:58 PM
OH MY...I loved my Palm Z22. LOVED, LOVED..Oh...I'm such an Apple geek now but...Nothing like the love for your first electronic organizer!:lol:

Kelly K
02-01-2012, 08:01 PM
Pocket informant might work.