View Full Version : I think my ds is jealous

02-13-2012, 11:23 PM
My dd(21) and her new baby have been staying at the house the past 3 days. G(4yo) usually doesn't seem to pay much attention to anyone, but he's been very strange acting the past 2 days, whining and doing weird hand gestures(he is non-verbal).

Tonight he was sitting next to me while I held the baby and he was obviously jealous that I was holding the baby! He was even putting his hand over my mouth while I was talking to the baby!
I know... it's strange to be excited that my 4yo is jealous of a baby,but it's so rare that he shows awareness of other people! So often he appears to be in his own little world, it's hard to know what he is even aware of.
That said, I hope this passes quickly,because the baby may be staying here with my dd for a month or so :)

Hollie in SC
02-14-2012, 07:21 AM

Rachel Jane
02-14-2012, 07:23 AM

Sheryl in NH
02-14-2012, 07:45 AM
It must be so exciting to be able to see your DS acknowledging the outside world!

Praying that this is both a breakthrough and a passing phase (um, yeah, that makes no sense, but I mean something kinda' like that :lol: )

02-16-2012, 10:12 PM
I took my dd and her baby back home yesterday and afterwards , my little guy was so extremely smiley and happy... clinging and hugging me nonstop!!! It was really sweet, but really made me aware of how much he NEEDS me, even though he doesn't show it most of the time. :hcry:

I'm also grateful to be aware of this, because we do plan on adopting again, so at least I'll be prepared that he might react in some way when we have another child placed with us.