PDA

View Full Version : daily family devotion that spans an age range

tara7
02-20-2012, 02:27 PM
Hello! I am trying to find a devotional to use each day with all of my kids together... It has to be something daily that isn't too long (3 year old) and isn't too babyish (14, 12 and 9, as well)...

I am having a hard time finding something. I really just want it to be a passage of scripture and maybe a few questions or thoughts to ponder as springboard for discussion...

If you have any suggestions I'd be thrilled!! Thanks!! Tara

Linda in MN
02-20-2012, 04:06 PM
One thing we use is Jesus Calling for Kids. It is simple, but that is good for the little ones and a good discussion for the older ones. It starts out with a Bible verse, then a short devotional from the point of view of Jesus and usually has 1-3 more Bible verses to look up.

It is daily by date, which helps keep us on track as well.

HTH!
Linda

tara7
02-20-2012, 04:20 PM
Thanks Linda... that looks good. I just bought it! :) We had been doing a devotional for a while and since it ended... that family time has fallen between the cracks in favor of checklists and etc, etc...

I want that centering time back!!

I find it funny that both you and I joined FIAR in 2007 but are still considered "newbies"... LOL

What do you have to do around here to get a little status!!?? LOL

:)Smiles

Robin in Colorado
02-20-2012, 04:39 PM
What do you have to do around here to get a little status!!?? LOL :)Smiles

I think you have to talk too much.... :blush: :lol:

tara7
02-20-2012, 04:47 PM
True, the funny thing is that when I first started using FIAR, probably 7 years back, I was on here all of the time. I would guess that I probably had close to a hundred posts, maybe (?)

Then, for reasons I don't remember, the boards sort of 'started over" and I guess by then I was pretty confident in my pace and didn't do a lot of asking and talking...

No worries... it's just funny to me. :)Smiles, Tara

Linda in MN
02-20-2012, 09:45 PM
Tara-

I hope you like the devotional.

Yes, that is funny about still being a newbie. I am trying to be a little more social. :)

Jennifer Unsell
02-20-2012, 09:58 PM
Glad you found a study that will work for you.

The boards get "pruned" every now and then to keep the pages on each board at a reasonable amount. That causes everyone's numbers to go down. ;)