PDA

View Full Version : FIAR night

Ging
05-11-2007, 04:53 PM
Tonight is our end of the year program. I have three children that used FIAR all year and one child that came for the spring term.[My oldest used Prairie Primer]
I have all our FIAR books and go-alongs for the year arranged on small tables.
I have a tepee that my children made [Cowboy Charlie] set up in the middle of the room, maps marked with story disks, a panoramic view painting, and copywork from the stories all arranged in my den.[it is everywhere!]
We are focusing on They Were Strong and Good, Three Names, Daniel's Duck and Cowboy Charlie for tonight.
Our program includes 4 songs about the West. Then each child is showing a few notebook pages or lapbook and reading a portion of a story. Finishing with a group recitation of Psalm 8. My children came up with costumes and wrote their own lines :clap: . I'm so pleased!!
My parents are coming over and of course the other child's parents. I printed certificates for each child and the greatest part -according to my children -Pizza, Cake and an ENTIRE can coke apiece!!!!!:lol:
So, this is my proud parent rambling for the day.
Ging

Candace C
05-11-2007, 05:08 PM
That sounds awesome! I just told my husband the other night that I'd like to do something to "celebrate" the end of Hannah's kindergarten year...which will be the end of May. Like you, I'm contemplating showing off some of our FIAR adventures...but haven't completely figured it out yet. I think we'll invite the grandparents over for a special dinner and maybe show some of her school work. I would have her recite some of our scripture but she's so shy I'm not sure she'd do it. :) I do like your idea of displaying the books and such...I will have to make a display table! (I'll have trouble fitting it all on there!)

Anyway, just wanted to say WAY TO GO on your FIAR night! Sounds great! :clap:

Stacy in OR
05-11-2007, 05:37 PM
This sounds AWESOME!! Enjoy your evening. I like how you are focusing on a few books and making it a western theme.

Christie
05-11-2007, 06:30 PM
I made a certificate for DD and bought matching Tshirts from FIAR. We're both wearing them today! DS6 was at private kindergarten this year, so FIAR was a "girl-thing" for the most part, and the flower logo shirts are just so cute.

Ging
05-12-2007, 09:30 AM
Thank you all for your sweet comments. We had a wonderful evening and my dh even commented about how much we ALL learned this year.
Ging

Jane Claire
05-12-2007, 10:41 AM
What truly wonderful teachers and moms you are...schools that have "life!"

I loved the idea of celebrating the end of school and accomplishments and t-shirts and all the different ways of letting your students know that you are proud of them. I am proud of you all.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

ami*
05-12-2007, 10:54 AM
Ging,

You are so fun! :) Did you wear your cowboy hat? ;)

Ging
05-12-2007, 11:29 AM
:roflol: start laughing because yes, I wore a child sized cowboy hat on top of my big hair and even had a solo moment on the second verse of "Whoopie Ti Yi Yo" :roflol: I agreed to that only because there were no camcorders to keep the moment for all time.My children wanted us to have one song together.
If I ever make it to a conference I'll sing for all of you!
Ging