PDA

View Full Version : Behavorial Diary

Mary FL
03-02-2012, 10:34 AM
:hi: First time poster, here. :hi: Our ds was diagnosed with ADHD and anxiety and a few other issues we're trying to get a handle on. As you all know, the past several months have been very busy and stressful with testing and appointments with many medical professionals other than the pediatrician. I know you can understand. Dh and I are trying to find the "new normal" if you will.

I appreciate all you dear ladies as I've lurked here for awhile. Could I please ask a question? Where can I get online a sheet in which I can keep track of behaviors my ds does throughout the day? Positive and negative. There was one on homeschooling.about.com, but the writing areas are too small. I prefer pages I can hold in my hand and put in a 3-ring binder as opposed to using the computer to track the behaviors. I'm old school and don't always have time to get on the computer.

Does this make sense? Please offer any advice or if you have questions about what I wrote. Sometimes I ramble...Thank you and I look forward to learning from you dear Moms. :hcry:

CINDY LB OH
03-02-2012, 11:58 AM
I don't know of any forms, but can you alter the form you saw and make your own?

I think I would simply dispense with a form and use a composition notebook or plain notebook paper. Then you have all the space you need for whatever you want to include.

Currently I make notes right in my school planner, so it's all in one place, of anything outstanding or different. But I'm not recording several times a day, so it works for me.

Mary FL
03-02-2012, 12:11 PM
Thanks, Cindy. No the form can't be altered. I could probably come up with something of my own, though. I just wondered if there was a website with forms. Maybe Donna Young has some. I just checked chadd.org and didn't find anything. I'm not a member yet, though, so I couldn't get too far.

Mary FL
03-02-2012, 01:07 PM
I went to Donna Young and found something that might work. I'm going to give it a try.

Just spent waaayy too long trying to find these "diaries." However, since it's the beginning of the month and just saw the counselor yesterday, had to do it.

Where is your go-to website for inspiration and support? Or, is it a book? What things do you do just for you to recharge YOUR batteries?

TonyaP
03-02-2012, 01:24 PM
I created a checklist on Excel but it's too large to upload here. Send me a pm with an e-mail address and I'll try to send it to you if you have Excel.

Mary FL
03-02-2012, 01:30 PM
Thanks, Tonya. I'll check with dh about Excel. :lol: Told you I'm old school. I'll update when I know. Is this chart something I can print out?

Laura F
03-02-2012, 06:51 PM
I'm not going to be helpful at all :D but I wanted to let you know that we're in the same boat with our oldest dd. Same diagnoses. :group: As for the coping part, I go to the gym almost every afternoon. Exercise is my sanity and brings me an hour of peace each day. Find whatever works for you. :group: