PDA

View Full Version : Harold and the Purple Crayon Co-op Help

ami*
05-12-2007, 05:34 PM
Hi, ladies! :hi:

Our last co-op meeting of the year is on Monday. We are meeting at the park for a pie picnic and we will read Harold and the Purple Crayon. I'm looking for some games/activities to go-along. When it's my turn to plan a lesson for co-op, I usually have no problem thinking of things to do, but the park setting has thrown me for a loop.

I went to the thrift store today and bought a bag of purple clothing (for $3!) for a purple relay race (I got two boy "outfits" -- shirts, ties, hats, etc. and two girl "outfits"-- shorts, shirts, necklaces, and purple high-heeled shoes!).

The only other activity I can think of is to let them draw all over the walk way (it's five miles long, so plenty of room!) with sidewalk chalk. We could even play win, lose, or draw using the sidewalk & chalk.

We will let them play on the park equipment, too, and of course, we will have our picnic complete with PIES for dessert, but I was hoping for 1-2 more structured activities. Our ages are 4-8. Any ideas for a group (12 students)?

Thanks!

Ging
05-13-2007, 04:14 PM
Not much of a suggestion, but how about drawing some game boards with the sidewalk chalk - hop scotch and four square maybe? Then have the draw all over the sidewalk time.
Ging

Kate K
05-13-2007, 05:11 PM
how about giving everyone a purple crayon and a piece of paper (or chalk and a square of sidewalk) then have them start to draw and switch after 1 minute and work on someone else's drawing then do it again after a minute and maybe again--see how it keeps changing like Harold kept changing what he drew?

ami*
05-13-2007, 10:55 PM
Thanks ladies, for your extra ideas :kiss:

:) Ami