PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used Lightbearers

Julie in AZ
03-18-2012, 09:54 AM
from Summit Ministries (http://www.summit.org/curriculum/middle-school/home-school/) to help teach worldview?

I think it looks interesting for my ds for 8th grade.

Hollie in SC
03-18-2012, 11:47 AM
I'm planning to look at it this weekend at the HS Convention. I've looked at a lot of the online stuff. I'm also pondering using it lightly for the next 2 years--not so much as something I'd count for high school, but just for their education. ;)

laurie in ok
03-25-2012, 08:53 PM
Wow! That looks really good. I wonder how long each day takes?

Hollie in SC
03-26-2012, 04:44 AM
Wow! That looks really good. I wonder how long each day takes?
We bought it at the conference. The gal at the booth guessed at 45 min. However, my impression is that it will vary a good bit. Some of the videos online are short and others aren't. Our oldest is a very fast reader so the reading days will not take that long.:lol: However, there are other options like taking 2 years to finish it which I mentioned above and the gal at the booth suggested it as well.

Julie in AZ
03-26-2012, 11:57 AM
We bought it at the conference. The gal at the booth guessed at 45 min. However, my impression is that it will vary a good bit. Some of the videos online are short and others aren't. Our oldest is a very fast reader so the reading days will not take that long.:lol: However, there are other options like taking 2 years to finish it which I mentioned above and the gal at the booth suggested it as well.

We're going to buy it too. :)

laurie in ok
03-26-2012, 03:38 PM
It looks so good!

This is the first year in a long time I'm thinking about going to our convention to look at stuff.

Andie isn't taking a lot of her core classes at co-op this year so I have more decisions to make. Fun, and scary at the same time.

Robin in Colorado
03-26-2012, 05:29 PM
This looks great; thank you!

Marla in Nevada
04-01-2012, 08:37 PM
I've also been eyeing it for Moriah! I like Hollie's plan to spread it over two years.

Laura Lee
05-22-2012, 06:53 PM
My ds is going into 9th grade this coming year. He already took 9th grade Geography. In SC, 10th grade Social Studies is flexible so I was told he could take Christian Worldview. Does anyone know, since it says it's for 8th grade, if I could count it for high school credit?