PDA

View Full Version : Mirette On The Highwire

Kendra AU
05-13-2007, 03:36 AM
Okay, so while scanning the internet for some maps to use for our math with lines, my son is so going to love that lesson!, I came across the fact that there are several books written by Emily Arnold McCully that feature both Mirette & Bellini, has anyone read any of the others? Sadly, I doubt the library here will have them.

And while I'm writing, how do you say the name? I was saying it one way, but the girl at the library said it another when I checked out the RR video to go along with our study. So I'm curious..

Kendra

Kendra AU
05-13-2007, 05:12 AM
Silly me just realized that the in the back of the book the note from Emily Arnold McCully states her character, Bellini is based on a man named Blondin. I honestly thought she was writing about Henry Bellini who also crossed Niagara Falls (you can get black and white pictures from online from the Niagara Falls Library site I believe it is as well as a brief history). Interestingly enough, at least for my family, Bellini was Australian.

Kendra

Alana
05-13-2007, 07:37 PM
Hi Kendra! We read the two other Mirette books when we rowed this one. We loved them. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!

We made crepes and omelettes. They were delicious!

Shauna
05-13-2007, 07:54 PM
This is a little off the subject, but did you know that there was a musical version of the story made called Mirette (http://www.musicals101.com/mirette05.htm)?