PDA

View Full Version : Easter Baskets

Mary FL
04-05-2012, 07:44 PM
What do you put in your Easter baskets for GF and sugar free chidren? I thought we'd dye eggs. He can have those. I'm concerned more about gluten. A little sugar is okay. I don't want to go all out and spend a lot of money.

It's already Thursday, and I'm not organized at all. Our Easter baskets are not even in our new house yet. I didn't decorate for the holiday. I feel sad.

Christi in OH
04-06-2012, 07:22 AM
I don't remember how old your child is. Maybe just a few small fun toys. We focus on some outside things, buckets, shovels, little cars, balls, maybe a few stickers, or a little notebook. My daughter doesn't have any food issues just extreme selectivity and will only eat one kind of chocolate bar from Aldi.
Our younger son doesn't need any candy, that boy has enough energy for a couple of children. ;)

Have fun!

Rachel Jane
04-06-2012, 07:33 AM
My guys always get socks, but we seem to have a sock love thing going on here. Socks = love.

Kendra AU
04-06-2012, 09:23 AM
Due to allergies I do:

1 special chocolate that fits the dietary limits
1 other special treat that also fits in the dietary limits
Small lego
Something from the Christian book store {sometimes a cd, sometimes a movie, sometimes a book, devotional, toy, etc.}
Egg shaped chalk {we made it one year}
Stuffed bunny and/or lamb
bouncy ball
bubbles
some combo of 30 in money.. usually 30 cents {30 pieces of silver..}
small game {jacks, pick up sticks, card game, etc.}

Mary FL
04-06-2012, 02:41 PM
Thank you for your ideas! I'm doing better with it today. I'll be down at the old house tomorrow to pick up our Easter things. Then, I'm going shopping.

Today I read Quirky Kids out loud to dh and we sipped coffee. It was a rare moment of quiet and contemplation. He's off work today. I said out loud, "I'm struggling with the diagnoses, grief, what lies ahead, and so on." I'm trying to come to terms with all this.

Thanks for being here!

Esther-Alabama
04-06-2012, 02:50 PM
Thank you for your ideas! I'm doing better with it today. I'll be down at the old house tomorrow to pick up our Easter things. Then, I'm going shopping.

Today I read Quirky Kids out loud to dh and we sipped coffee. It was a rare moment of quiet and contemplation. He's off work today. I said out loud, "I'm struggling with the diagnoses, grief, what lies ahead, and so on." I'm trying to come to terms with all this.

Thanks for being here!

Ive read that book when I was also struggling and it helped me as well. Praying for you as you continue to process all this.