PDA

View Full Version : Make Way for Ducklings

Shannon in TX
05-13-2007, 06:36 PM
I was wondering if anyone could share some ideas for this book with me.

I rowed the BFIAR titles with my daughter (age 4.5 years). She is starting kindergarten next year at a university-model school with an emphaisis on a Classical Christian education. The school request they read 2 books prior to school starting at the end of August, one being Ducklings. I'd love to make it fun for her.

Any suggestions?

Jen in SC
05-13-2007, 07:08 PM
Do you have the FIAR manual or Fold-n-Learn? I'd start there for sure! I am sure there are good activities in the archives as well.

It's been forever since we rowed this one. I plan to do it again next spring. :)

Candace C
05-13-2007, 08:16 PM
Ooh yes! You should do the Fold-N-Learn!! Would be great!

We also got a duck stamp from the store (walmart at the time) and had fun painting a lake and then stamping the little duck family onto the page.

Of course, if you can, find time and a place to go and feed the ducks!

Kendra AU
05-14-2007, 05:36 AM
You can also view pictures of the Boston Public Gardens online. My kids had a ball doing that. They convinced Daddy to print them out one picture of each duckling plus Mrs Mallard and asked Mommy to put them in a scrapbook for them. They were even able to figure out which duckling was which by matching their statue up with the ducks in the book. Very clever of them. :) My three year old has asked a few times if we're going to do this again. Somehow I think he still remembers all our ducky science experiments. Considering he wore swimming flippers for the remained of the day I'm not surprised!

Kendra

annmarieseiler
05-14-2007, 03:21 PM
We got a lot of ideas from the archives. The manual had great ideas also. Here is our lapbook (http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q90/frogguruami/Lapbooks/) we did. The fold n learn looks awesome too.