PDA

View Full Version : For a child with ADHD

Mary FL
04-25-2012, 06:55 PM
what math program has worked well? Ones that didn't work well?

Currently we're using Horizons Math. We're finishing up Level 3 with supplements, math games, and lots of work on math facts. I'm thinking of buying Teaching Textbooks, but I've heard it can be hard for a child to sit still and be taught by a video. I know TT will be at convention, so I could maybe look even closer at it. Ds has used the sample lessons online and seemed okay with it. It's an investment, so I want to be wise. What I was thinking is maybe buying the level for dd only, and pass it down to him when it's time, instead of buying two different levels.

Thank you for your advice.

Mary FL
05-05-2012, 03:40 PM
Bumping this up just in case.

TonyaP
05-05-2012, 04:03 PM
I started with MUS but it has way too much workbook for DS. I'm using Singapore with the younger kids and may switch to that for DS. I'm using Plato Learning's online math lessons right now. They are interactive. DS still gets tired of listening to the instructor talk, but there's a stop and move on option. I don't think I'll buy Plato in the fall ($$$) but will probably resume in the spring if it goes on sale like it did this year.

I'm going to try Aha!Math http://www.learning.com/store/ and if that doesn't work perhaps Adaptive Curriculum.

Mary FL
05-05-2012, 07:35 PM
Thank you, Tonya. I'll check those out. :)