PDA

View Full Version : New things!

JennyO
04-29-2012, 04:42 PM
It's been a while since I've shared on Autumn. She is eleven now. She's really into farm animals!:) She is saying more letter sounds than ever. She can say "bear", but it comes out as "beahhh." She runs around with a stuffed lamb saying "baaaaa," at times. Her favorite book is a touch and feel farm animal book (which she has now destroyed due to so much affection;)) But, with that, she walks around with it saying, "eeee-i-eee-i" She always wants me to sing, 'Old MacDonald' with all of the animals in it. Above all, she loves monkeys. Has one named, "Lovey" that she hugs and kisses quite a bit.

Autumn also loves the alphabet. We sing it a lot and look at letters. She knows a few letter sounds. Most exciting is that she can point to many body parts when asked. Head, hair, ear, nose, mouth, hand arm, belly, leg, foot. And MOST exciting...she is finally getting an ipad! She has done well with my dh's work ipad when trying it out with her. We found something called 'Picture Card Maker,' that we are going to try out on her ipad. Basically, we just take pictures of her own items and then record the word/phrase we want to go along with it, using our own voices. She seems to love it. She knows to touch it with her hand, but instead she's been hugging and kissing the ipad to activate the 'voice.' lol:lol:

So many good things! Yet, the flipside is that she is really struggling with the toddler stage of her two year old sister. We went thru this with her youngest brother. Autumn just goes thru some very real struggles with liking her whiny siblings. Not that I blame her at times ;) But, she just doesn't have the emotional tools to be able to tolerate the drama at times. It seriously can just ruin her morning. But, especially if she (Autumn) is not feeling well, her threshold is just *really* low for it. I know it's a season. She loves her siblings. Just hates the fits and crying. Autumn is so sensitive. I see it as the Lord specifically showing me how to pray for Autumn. We all have people we don't deal with well.

And Autumn has been getting her 12 year molars in. This has been really rough. I don't recognize my sweet child when she struggles with pain like that. She turns aggressive and I cannot console her. She will make no eye contact with me for days and it's really, really heart breaking for me. But, that has gotten better. Her molars have pushed thru, though not completely.

She is happy today! And we go on vacation this upcoming week with our family for four days. Praying she does okay!

AmyinWI
04-29-2012, 10:50 PM
That's great to hear about all the things Autumn is enjoying lately! :clap:
Isn't it amazing when our "special kids" start picking up on things other kids come by so easily? It's truly a blessing to be able to watch them grow and learn,isn't it?:kiss:

TonyaP
04-29-2012, 11:02 PM
:clap:

Christi in OH
04-30-2012, 07:30 AM
Wonderful. Thanks for sharing. You and your sweet girl come to mind and I was wondering how she was doing.

Hope you all have a fantastic vacation.