PDA

View Full Version : Cori's LD Thread

Jennifer in VA
05-01-2012, 06:56 PM
Cindy (LB OH) recommended Audiblox (http://www.audiblox2000.com/). It program that is effective for a variety of learning difficulties including dyslexia, dysgraphia, dyscalculia, dyspraxia and ADD/ADHD.

I sent the above link to Simon's O/T. She is very intrigued by it and said it looked promising for his issues. We placed an order yesterday and look forward to getting it and helping our kid.

CINDY LB OH
05-01-2012, 08:27 PM
I hope it helps Jennifer. I got it because of another mom's recommendation on these boards. I don't remember who anymore.

I wasn't so sure about it at first, but we've seen some nice leaps the longer we've kept up with it. It can be rather time-consuming, so we take breaks from it now and then, but I do believe it has helped with his reading and memory.

Cori
05-01-2012, 09:02 PM
Thanks for posting, I am reading the dyslexia books that I got and what I'm reading really fits. His glasses might help, but we haven't gotten them yet. I got really excited thinking it might be a quick cure but it doesn't explain some of the phoneme segmentation and a few others things. :sad:

I sound like a ping pong ball!

According to "The Dyslexic Advantage" we will have to do something X number of times more than a non-dyslexic (something about squared), so we might have to get used to something that is time consuming. :unsure:

Can you tell me if this program is independent for the student, or does it require teacher involvement?

Amy Joy
05-01-2012, 10:08 PM
It requires parental involvement. We really liked it for our dd too. However we got it from our school and could only have it 6 weeks.

CINDY LB OH
05-02-2012, 07:23 AM
Audiblox is definitely teacher/parent led, and cannot be done independently by the student.

However, they do have a computer version called Compublox, (http://www.audiblox2000.com/compublox-brain-games.htm) where some of the activities can be done on the computer and therefore independently. It is NOT recommended for students with reading or learning difficulties, except as a supplement to the regular audiblox program.