View Full Version : Cori's LD Thread

Jennifer in VA
05-01-2012, 06:56 PM
Cindy (LB OH) recommended Audiblox (http://www.audiblox2000.com/). It program that is effective for a variety of learning difficulties including dyslexia, dysgraphia, dyscalculia, dyspraxia and ADD/ADHD.

I sent the above link to Simon's O/T. She is very intrigued by it and said it looked promising for his issues. We placed an order yesterday and look forward to getting it and helping our kid.

05-01-2012, 08:27 PM
I hope it helps Jennifer. I got it because of another mom's recommendation on these boards. I don't remember who anymore.

I wasn't so sure about it at first, but we've seen some nice leaps the longer we've kept up with it. It can be rather time-consuming, so we take breaks from it now and then, but I do believe it has helped with his reading and memory.

05-01-2012, 09:02 PM
Thanks for posting, I am reading the dyslexia books that I got and what I'm reading really fits. His glasses might help, but we haven't gotten them yet. I got really excited thinking it might be a quick cure but it doesn't explain some of the phoneme segmentation and a few others things. :sad:

I sound like a ping pong ball!

According to "The Dyslexic Advantage" we will have to do something X number of times more than a non-dyslexic (something about squared), so we might have to get used to something that is time consuming. :unsure:

Can you tell me if this program is independent for the student, or does it require teacher involvement?

Amy Joy
05-01-2012, 10:08 PM
It requires parental involvement. We really liked it for our dd too. However we got it from our school and could only have it 6 weeks.

05-02-2012, 07:23 AM
Audiblox is definitely teacher/parent led, and cannot be done independently by the student.

However, they do have a computer version called Compublox, (http://www.audiblox2000.com/compublox-brain-games.htm) where some of the activities can be done on the computer and therefore independently. It is NOT recommended for students with reading or learning difficulties, except as a supplement to the regular audiblox program.