PDA

View Full Version : Notgrass Questions

Ginger Lynn
05-03-2012, 10:59 PM
Once again I am looking at Notgrass for American History for my soon to be 9th grader. I think I would only use it for the History part. Can anyone tell me if I only use it for History what kind of work goes along with that or is it just reading the text books and taking the quizes and test?

What is included in the Lit. work? (Like writing papers or just reading.)

Hope these questoins make some sense. Thanks for the help.

Marcia
05-04-2012, 10:31 AM
When I used it, I only did the History part. I did have them read some of the literature books and some of the writing assignments, but not many. They answer questions everyday on the reading, and take tests at the end of the week.

Ginger Lynn
05-04-2012, 10:38 AM
When I used it, I only did the History part. I did have them read some of the literature books and some of the writing assignments, but not many. They answer questions everyday on the reading, and take tests at the end of the week.

Thanks for responding Marcia!

Can you tell me to do what you did about how long it takes each day? About how many questions are there and are they of different types or all short answer? Did you DC enjoy it?

Sorry for all the questions, I am just trying to find the right fit. Thanks again.:kiss:

Marcia
05-04-2012, 01:12 PM
If I remember correctly, there were about 10-15 questions a day. They could be pretty in-depth, but I remember my son answering short answers and my daughter being much more thorough. ;) If they do read a literate book for that unit, there are questions for that too. We just picked a few books to read, but did not do all of them, as they were doing something else for literature.

They enjoyed it and retained a lot of what they learned. It's a mix between textbook and literature style.

Here is a sample:
http://www.notgrass.com/notgrass/Exploring-World-History-Quiz-and-Exam-Pack.html

On the right of the page it says view sample.

Ginger Lynn
05-04-2012, 01:18 PM
Thanks again Marcia, this really has been helpful.