PDA

View Full Version : Do you have one good day

Mary FL
05-17-2012, 09:54 AM
feel hopeful, and the next day things come crashing down on your head???

I don't know if I'll ever get used to the highs and lows here. Just when I think there's some hope, a ray of sunshine, it's over. Then it takes awhile to rally and go forward.

Not sure what I'm asking. Just venting, I guess.

Kisha
05-17-2012, 12:38 PM
Yes!! For us, today happened to be a good day. But two days ago...not so much. I think that that just comes with the diagnosis.

Sorry that you're having a hard time. :group:

TonyaP
05-17-2012, 03:11 PM
I think a key for me was letting go of the "this will be over." This may get better, he may outgrow some issues, therapy will help and the medicine will too. But, I can't keep waiting for him to stop being him. I have to wake up every day prepared for what will come and when we have a good day, I am so happy for him. He's the one who has to battle this brain wiring every day.

When you think about it, dealing with all that need for self-control at such a young age without the proper brain tools to do it makes for one pretty talented kid. I know plenty of adults who don't bother to exercise self-control. ;)

You have to take the ups as a single gift, not an ongoing subscription. :)

Mary FL
05-17-2012, 07:51 PM
Thank you, Kisha and Tonya.

AmyinWI
05-17-2012, 10:27 PM
we've had several good days the past few weeks,and several bad days.
It's hard , just when you think your child is improving in an area...

My friend (with several special needs kids) just suggested keeping a notebook or journal of all the successes, and look back to that when discouragement hits.

I started a journal for my boy this week.