PDA

View Full Version : Update to sleep issue with my ds..

AmyinWI
06-02-2012, 11:45 PM
I posted early in May about my son, who rarely will sleep though the night, and only a few hours at a time.

Well we started him on a new diet in the past few weeks. We are doing the "Autism diet" GFCF, also no soy, preservatives ,dyes, etc.

I also put him on a multivitamin,and Omega 3 fish oil supplements.

I really wasn't expecting huge improvements, as my son is severely delayed,and VERY autistic,as well as having down syndrome.
But we have seen some interesting results.

He no longer takes HOURS to fall asleep. Usually within 1 hour he is sleeping, and if he isn't asleep, he is very quiet laying in his bed (before he would be making all kinds of odd noises and scratch at his bedding).

We haven't heard him awake in the middle of the night, or when dh gets up for work at 4am, for at least 2 weeks! :clap: I have not had to give him melatonin in over 2 weeks. :clap:

In addition to the sleep improvement, my son doesn't seem to be as constipated, his reflux episodes (usually after each meal) seem to have disappeared, and his eye contact and following directions have gotten much better! He just seems to be a happier and more content child in general, some of the changes are very subtle, but even my dh (who is not always the most observant), commented on how G seems to be doing better.
I am really pleased with how his new diet seems to be going,and hopefully we'll continue to see changes in him.
Just wanted to update you! :)

Jennifer in VA
06-03-2012, 04:32 AM
That is wonderful!

A friend and her daughter saw remarkable improvements (and completely different from each other) within a short time of going GF.

Tiffany
06-03-2012, 03:09 PM
That is wonderful! Thank you for sharing. It is so rewarding to see such positive results from all of your hard work. You are doing a great job for your G! :group:

Alice R
06-03-2012, 06:49 PM
:clap:

praise God.

He is one blessed little guy to have you.

Ginger Lynn
06-03-2012, 09:36 PM
:clap:

praise God.

He is one blessed little guy to have you.

:yes: He is blessed! :clap: I am happy for you, my youngest doesn't sleep through the night due to health issues. I know how hard it can be. :clap:

Jenene
06-03-2012, 09:50 PM
Yeah!! I know we saw many good changes in our kids when we went on the gluten free Casein free diet.

Thank you Jesus!!

ShelleyW
06-04-2012, 09:55 AM
We saw huge changes in our kids when we went GF and also added fish oil supplements.