PDA

View Full Version : Hey Hollie (SC)

Jennifer in VA
06-27-2012, 06:31 PM
Got off the phone with Kathy Kuhl. She was impressed that someone from South Carolina recommended her to a "local". She was also impressed that FIAR had boards and a Special Needs section.

Hollie in SC
06-27-2012, 06:48 PM
I hope that it was a good call for you. :)

My good friend that lives near you recommended her and then she was here for our homeschool convention a few weeks later. I went to several of her talks and really appreciated her serving spirit. I actually have a CD and book of hers that I need to get to. We also bought a cool timer (http://www.amazon.com/Time-Timer-LLC-8%2522-Inch/dp/B000J5OFW0/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1340840796&sr=8-13&keywords=timer) from her for our ADD (inattention issues) child.

She kept talking about the co-ops she taught at and I kept thinking what a great teacher she'd be for my older boys and their issues.

Thanks for updating me. :group:

ETA: When I first came to FIAR in 2001, I thought the special needs boards were :thumb: as we were dealing with food allergies at the time. Who KNEW just how much I'd need them? I had no idea! They have been a HUGE blessing to me over the years. :yes:

Jennifer in VA
06-27-2012, 06:54 PM
I ALMOST bought one of those timers while at her booth, but didn't. Wish I had as we need to teach time management as well.

Was really impressed with her recommendations and encouragement that we ARE on the right track. Was impressed with the fact that she thought Simon might have to many activities going.

Hollie in SC
06-27-2012, 06:56 PM
So glad you were encouraged. :group:

I do like the timer, but the beeper is very low key. It works well for Kyle at his school desk, but we still need LOUD timers for chores and such.

Jennifer in VA
06-27-2012, 07:01 PM
I actually use my phone for timers and it quacks at the end. Boys and Co-op ladies get a kick out it!

Hollie in SC
06-27-2012, 07:07 PM
I actually use my phone for timers and it quacks at the end. Boys and Co-op ladies get a kick out it!

:clap: Love it! :yes: