PDA

View Full Version : I wish my son would take a summer break

AmyinWI
07-10-2012, 10:57 PM
He is 16 1/2 and wants to do a junior/senior combo year and graduate early, in the spring of 2013.
So he has been on me to plan his summer courses and prepare a plan for the fall. I did the summer plan already so he started a week ago, He is hitting chemistry, history and geometry hard already. Now I have work and tests to correct, but I want a summer break!

I guess I should be glad he is a motivated kid, the kind that basically is self taught. :)

Gitel in nj
07-11-2012, 01:00 AM
I guess I should be glad he is a motivated kid, the kind that basically is self taught. :)

I feel your pain sister :lol: although I do not have to grade and correct since my son is taking his classes online. 4 of them. Crazy boy.

Shelly in MN
07-11-2012, 09:23 PM

Speaking as somebody who has basically had to do everything short of using a cattle prod to get my son through high school, yes, be very glad. ;)

Marcia
07-12-2012, 04:36 PM
My middle daughter is doing the same thing. She is doing a class this summer and finishing up her 11th/12th grade all next year. I keep telling her she doesn't have to do this, but she wants to. Some kids are just wired that way, and some (like my son) are not! ;)

AmyinWI
07-12-2012, 11:01 PM
Speaking as somebody who has basically had to do everything short of using a cattle prod to get my son through high school, yes, be very glad. ;)

I understand. My first dd was like that, and I see another student like that in my future. :) I really got lucky with my 2nd and 3rd students that are very self motivated. I guess that makes up for the very difficult ones. :unsure:

Heather (WI)
07-13-2012, 02:18 PM

LOL, :yes:!! ;)