PDA

View Full Version : miraflex glasses and beyond?

AmyinWI
07-18-2012, 09:39 PM
anyone have kiddos that wear these? What is your experience with them, are they really indestructable?

My soon to be adopted son wears these (he is 2) and I personally hate how they look on him, but apparently he was so rough on his first 2 pairs, he had to get these.

anyone have a special needs kiddo that was able to graduate from the miraflex to something less goggly-looking? :)

AmyinWI
08-07-2012, 10:54 PM
bump.. anyone?

I have to take L to the eye doctor tomorrow to get new glasses (or at least new lenses? ) ordered.

He has the miraflex glasses, which are terribly scratched up after only wearing them a few months,and he has a pair or wire framed ones that are in good shape but a little bent. I really prefer the wire framed ones on him, but I know the miraflex are supposed to be more durable.
He seems to leave his glasses on pretty well considering he is only 2 (and delayed developmentally) .

Christi in OH
08-10-2012, 08:28 AM
What did you end up with?

Dd2 has solo bambinis which I bet are similar. She takes out the lenses and chews on them. The lenses are horrible scratched as well. She does pretty well keeping them on since she is very far sighted.

Just wondering how you made out.

AmyinWI
08-10-2012, 07:35 PM
I ended up ordering a standard pair of glasses. THe insurance won't cover miraflex and they would be quite expensive. He is allowed up to 2 pairs a year and if he goes through them quickly, I guess we'll just fork out the money for a new pair of miraflex.

I considered just paying out of pocket for a new lens (his prescription only changed in one eye) but the frames were too weak and they told me it wouldn't be worth it.

I am going to order some neoprene straps online and hopefully those will keep the glasses on a little better.