PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for interactive schedule for Asperger's

Nanci in WA
08-02-2012, 11:51 PM
I am looking for some fresh ideas for creating a schedule for my 13 yo ds (Asperger's/ADHD). Actually something very "concrete" (ie colorful and hands-on) that could be used for young children would work, too.

A simple one on paper doesn't seem to work as he always loses the paper or forgets to check it off.

In the past I have tried an index card box with a card for each subject (just the name of the subject was on the card), which he moved behind a "done" divider when he completed it. It was okay, but not exactly what I am looking for. It wasn't enough to hold his interest for him to remember to do it.

I don't need tons of details of what he needs to do, just more an overview type of schedule (Bible, Math, Science, Reading, etc)

If you could share any ideas that you've found worked well for your family, it would be most appreciated.

Sheryl in NH
08-03-2012, 06:57 AM
We use a colorful chart with checkmarks that stick on using velcro dots. I make new ones every 6 months or so using cartoons I find on Google images, and my beloved laminator. http://www.libertyhillhouse.com/2011/09/24/morning-routine/