PDA

View Full Version : Starting the year off slow and adding on?

Christi in OH
08-03-2012, 02:21 PM
I am thinking this year I will set some small school goals and build on as we get some good work habits going. Not just for the children but for me. I tend to over plan and then get frozen and not do anything. :sad:

So my plan is to read the B4FIAR book and do a manual activity each day. Do Ronnies reading lesson 3 times a week and do some sort of art exploration every day. Of course we will get outside and have free play and listen to music.

After we get the swing of those things, I plan to add in HWOT and AAR Pre-K.

I think for Ronnie keeping things short is the best. Plus having a pretty regular schedule. I am also planning one outing day a week. Now that grumpy big brother will be gone we can go to the zoo and museums and the like.

Thanks if anyone has any insight or tips on this sort of approach. If I am not managing to get some work done on a regular basis after 6 weeks I am going to have to put Ronnie in school. I can't keep letting her flounder around all day.

Tiffany
08-04-2012, 06:48 AM
I think that sounds like a really good plan. Our kids need a gradual approach a lot of the time. It always helps me to build a routine little by little too. Not so overwhelming for everyone. I hope you have a good year. :)

CINDY LB OH
08-07-2012, 08:02 AM
I've used this approach every year and it works great for us.

Go for it! It sounds like a great plan.