Thread: Medication question

Question Medication question

UPDATE ON #4
    Any experience with Strattera used to help impulsivity/ADHD? Dr. told us it will be homerun or no effect at all.

Thank you in advance. It's our last try at something before going to a stimulant. There would be more monitoring with that approach.
    Last edited by Mary FL; 11-23-2012 at 06:15 AM.
    Wife to Music Man for 24 years; Mom to two miracles, dd, 17 and ds, 15
    "The LORD will fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace." Exodus 14:14 KJV

All I can say is to research the drug yourself before you try it so you can be familiar with the potential side effects and know what to be watching for. I don't necessarily agree that it's going to be great or you will see nothing. Meds and dosing can be complicated, because of finding the therapeutic dose that is right for your child and how the body reacts to starting/stopping. It's good to know how long it takes to get into your child's system, and if you do stop it, how long it stays in because it can be hard to withdraw from meds too. I hope that this is helpful for your son and you find the help that you need.
    Tiffany, wife of 17 years and mother of ds (15), ds (12), dd (10), and ds (4)
    "In this world you will have trouble, but take heart! I have overcome the world!" John 16:33

Thanks, Tiffany. I'll let you know how it goes...

Straterra was a complete failure. His behaviors intensified.

So, we started Kapvay a few days ago. This is coupled with Lamictal, which he's been on since January.

Anyone know about Kapvay?