Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Morning Meeting

Quote Originally Posted by Julie in AZ View Post
    I've been letting my teens sleep in, so we've been doing Bible study and Prager University a few times a week around lunchtime. It gives slackers a chance to finish work in the morning.

Truth. "Morning" Meeting is a very loose term at my house.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 17 dd, 15 ds, 12 ds).

We gather together in the library end of our learning room. Kids are usually still having morning smoothies & under quilts. We read a few chapters from the Bible together, have a theology book going, sometimes a devotional as well, & a read aloud. By the time we are done with that they are more awake so we move to the table for a few things my teens do together & then everyone goes their own way to conquer the rest of their work. Our biggest issue last term was getting carried away with our book basket because we'd lost track of time & one of my guys would feel pressed for time throughout the rest of his day.
    Kendra, wife of Lawrence, mother of three.

I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves.