Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Friday DECLUTTERING!

Default Friday DECLUTTERING!

This Week's Challenge: Bathrooms and laundry areas- clean them, organize them, make them lovely spaces.

School Challenge: Tidy up from this week of school.

Inspiring Thought: The wet, formless mud of March (and April!) is the ground in which summer begins. - The Lifegiving Home

For me today:
    • read aloud
    • lunch and work drop
    • take R to meet a friend- they are having fun before tomorrow night's ball
    • mall- to pick up I's new med and a pen to add the i to a word in E's announcements
    • morning meeting video
    • order the new OYAN curriculum- last day for the biggest discount
    • school time with the boys
    • call clinic- they called me and I was here! We have an appt for the middle of May. A miracle.
    • lab plans
    • update school planner
    • school reports
    • fold laundry
    • call neuro- we've adjusted J's meds
    • send a ball reminder
    • clean powder and tidy the first floor
    • meet prep and snack
    • senior meeting- last one before graduation
    • ball practice- for real
    • blog work- already sent a freelance proposal this morning and done some notes on product development

That will do it!

It rained so hard last night and well into the night. There is flooding again. Things had finally receded. Not anymore! The water is gushing down the gorges right now. Whew.

Ok...I need to run.

Have a fun Friday!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (18 ds, 16 dd, 14 ds, 11 ds).

Good morning!

So glad you got an appointment, Heather!!

We definitely have the mud today. It's been storming all night and we may get up to 3 inches of rain in the next 24 hours!

So far:
    *laundry
    *walked 2 miles with Leslie
    *blog post
    *got our sheets in the washer--drying now
    *finished up rebate stuff to mail

To go:
    *clean sheets back on our bed
    *our bathroom
    *school--light today
    *mail bills and rebate--totally blanked on this yesterday!
    *consignment sale
    *Fashion Revue--we're supposed to be there between 1 and 2 to help set up and will be there through the event and then help clean up. It will be a long day!

Have a great day today, friends!

Good Morning Ladies,

It stormed here last night as well, but not for very long. The forecast calls for lots of rain this evening and tomorrow as well.
    I expect Logan's baseball game will be cancelled tonight.

so far:
    Bible time for me.
    breakfast - steel cut oats with cherries in the IP
    exercise - step aerobics and stretching
    e-mails
    started laundry
    talked to girls about expectations for the day

up next:
    more e-mails
    shower/dress
    go over seat work with kids
    lunch
    co-op: last day!

The afternoon/ evening plans depend on the weather. If it doesn't rain too much, the game will be on and I will be making "dinner on a bun," as Michelle calls it, to eat during the game.
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

Popping in.... I miss you ladies!

Exciting (and inconvenient, I'm sure) about the storms. I love it when it storms here. I just purchased Bravest of the Them All in hopes that we'll get some storms.

Life has been FULL here. Good and full. I don't ever really feel "organized" enough lately to share my plan for the day here Is it this time of year?! I can't seem to get on top of things... BUT, we are getting to the basics, some great read alouds going, and the house isn't falling apart. I am having a difficult time planning and implementing our latest unit study... but we're all excited about it anyway.

A couple of goals for today:
    a game with the kids
    math with big kids
    clean up some paper piles in the dining room

For the weekend:
    clean off sewing table
    hem some pants
    ballet recital and cookies for reception
    take my big girls shopping for undergarments

Doesn't sounds like much, but there always seem to be so many things that fill the cracks.

Enjoy your Friday!!
    Mindy - wife to Colin since '03, mommy to FIVE fabulous kids dd10, dd9, ds7, dd5, dd3

Good morning, ladies! It's a gloomy day here in southeastern PA. It was raining softly when I got up, but thankfully, had taken a break when we arrived at co-op as we had a LOT of things to bring in! But it's Friday, and that's always a good thing. Lots of final projects and such going on today; next week is our last week of both co-ops (and most likely, our last-last of our Wednesday group). Always a strange time of year. We still have 15-20 days of school to complete (I need to check my count), but that will be mostly just math & English, as those have been a bit neglected through the year.

In any case, it's a pretty mellow day. Already done:

• Up, dressed & headed downstairs. So comfy today!
    • Bathroom tidied; bed still occupied (who knows how long).
    • Quiet time, meds & breakfast. Five for five this week!
    • Pack up a LOT of things for co-op (some last night).
    • Off to co-op; usual stops at Dunkin' and Wawa.
    • Sat through creative writing. Phoebe got a B+.
    • Finished up a BSF lesson I missed a few weeks ago.
    • Helped with having a card signed for a leaving mom.
    • Texted TJ's boss to get permission to use as a reference.
    • Texted Sara; she's still not feeling well. I'm a bit concerned.

And now:

• Do a two-week menu. Only one week with the guys.
    • Make a list for market. Not sure who's going. Hopefully Dave.
    • Another round of sitting in on creative writing.
    • Lunch time. I actually remembered to bring the lunch I packed!
    • Work on purging some of my FB stuff. Too many LLR groups!
    • Purge bookmarks. A lot are no longer relevant.
    • Maybe sub in a class -- class coordinator hasn't told me yet.
    • Continue with above, and/or read FB saves.
    • It's our week to clean the cafeteria. Kids are in class. Fun.
    • Maybe to market. But hopefully home.
    • Unload car. Put away everyone's co-op things. ALL of them.
    • Most likely, empty/reload dishwasher. Unless Dave did.
    • Upstairs; make bed & tidy up. Silly, but I hate unmade beds.
    • Help Phoebe get ready, and take to dance photo shoot.
    • Dave might pick her up. That's what she's hoping.
    • Quick stop at Chick Fil A for dinner. Planning on salad.
    • Life group. It's been over a month, so looking forward to it!
    • Back home; regroup and discuss plans for the weekend.
    • Downstairs tidy; process up-down basket.
    • Tuck Phoebe into bed. She's going to be REALLY tired.
    • Clean up kitchen mess. Because there WILL be a mess .
    • Relax for a bit, then bedtime. Up early, so head to bed early.

And that will be about it. I forgot to bring my planner along, but I think that's about it. There's always tomorrow, right?
    Cari in Pa -- Married to Dave for 26 years!
    Mom to photographer Sara (22), sports-gal Danielle (19), train-boy TJ (15) and my little dancer Phoebe (12)

Heather -- getting appointment!!

Jen -- hope the Fashion Revue goes well

Angela -- hope weather holds and y'all don't have to play mudball tonight!

Mindy -- I am never organized enough... with anything I post here and lots of times never do anything on my list Glad you popped in!!

Slept in this morning. I woke about 7am but refused to move until 8am It felt good laying there.

Today is chilly, well it feels chilly I think it is actually in the low 60's but there is dampness in the air and the wind is blowing. After 80's and sunshine this feels chilly.

So far:
    • stripped bed, washed sheets & into dryer
    • made coffee
    • quiet time on the porch -- loved watching the sun peek thru the clouds and trees -- mostly cloudy but it peeks out every so often
    • woke boys
    • fixed breakfast

Ds1 doesn't have to be at work until around 10:30. Doing a/c units today not yards.

Today:
    • my sheets back on bed
    • decide if doing boys stuff today or tomorrow -- may get them to do theirs tomorrow
    • regular laundry
    • fix meals -- decide on supper early
    • meal planning -- games and practices start next week
    • clean humidifier
    • general pick up -- house looks kinda like it exploded
    • boil eggs
    • make muffins
    • haircut??

We were suppose to get rain/storms last night, today and tomorrow. We got a few sprinkles last night and just cloudy so far today. I am fine with that Hoping the storms hold off til after ds1 gets done with a/c units.

Ok this post has taken forever. I keep stopping for 1 reason or another

Have a GREAT Friday!
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 19yo ds, 15yo ds

Michelle, glad I'm not the only one that's organizationally-challeged

It's "chilly" here today as well. We were in the Dallas area over the weekend, and honestly I was HOT, so coming back home, and then this cool front makes me want to look for my sweater again. And I was just trying to convince DH to get the pool ready

Thus far I've accomplished:
    breakfast and devotional
    cleanup, dust mop floors
    Legos and Listen (this is our latest thing instead of staying at the table, we've moved to the parlor and kids play legos and beg me to read to them It's working.)
    started load of laundry
    Happy Phonics and Bob books with H5
    *bathe & cleanup A3 during phonics
    math games with H5

That has brought us to now, and my big kids are still playing legos! Glad they're having fun and I'm able to clean up. *A3 had a "situation" in the bathroom that has required some mopping, and she needed a bath I'll spare you the details. However gross that was, I was leaving the bathroom and entering the schoolroom to see H5 eating a particularly large, slimy booger EWW!! WHY do they do that!?!? Anyway, kinda feeling like a mom today. I think it's funny how that grossed me out more than the bathroom situation.

Although I don't quite have the appetite, it IS lunchtime, so I ought to think about that and the rest of our day. I have a short list of things for my big kids to do, and we don't have any afternoon plans... but I'd just like to read a book or crochet since the sun hasn't visited us today.
    Last edited by Mindy in TX; 04-21-2017 at 12:46 PM.
    Mindy - wife to Colin since '03, mommy to FIVE fabulous kids dd10, dd9, ds7, dd5, dd3

Great to see you, Mindy!

Since earlier:
    • delivered R to see her friend
    • post office- to get stamps for the announcements
    • mall- for meds and a pen to add a letter left out of the announcements
    • supervised J's math- final bridge in Decimals and Percents!
    • ordered a new yoyo for J- a competition yoyo
    • cleaned the powder room
    • then the toilet got clogged- E was my hero
    • some picking up of the first floor is happening
    • got a call back from the office manager of the clinic- she let me know she got the call and will talk to the woman who needs to fix the letter. She totally did not get the whole I'm frustrated thing.
    • ordered Byline- the new OYAN curriculum for high schoolers on essay writing. It's gonna be good.

Ok...it's time to get moving again. I need to finish tidying up and get something for dinner and fix some brownies or something. Or just put out candy. Probably that.

This is the last senior meeting before the graduation on June 2nd- we have a lot to go through to be sure we are ready. Some things are set. Some things are not.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (18 ds, 16 dd, 14 ds, 11 ds).

Hello All I'm BACK!!!!!! Oh, and it's good to be back! I've missed ya'll! I've checked in from time to time on my phone, but things have been busy, so I haven't posted anything (especially via the phone ).

The Easter visit with my family went really, really well.
    The Surprise 80th for my dad was a true Surprise!! and was fantastic -- it was all of us (and my sisters and their families), my aunt and a bunch of my cousins and their families -- 43 people in all. Good, good times!

Left my parents' Monday morning and went to Valdosta for Jim to work. The kids and I toured and old mansion -- The Crescent House -- it was built in 1898 with indoor plumbing and electricity. The Garden Club bought it in the 50s because it was going to be torn down. They restored it and now hold events there. You can tour for free (with a donation). Utterly beautiful. The kids LOVED it!!! http://thecrescentatvaldosta.com/ After that, we just played at the hotel.

Tuesday, we went to Albany and visited the Riverquarium. Pretty cool -- it was a quick tour, but very interesting about local river life. Then, it was back to the hotel again.

Wednesday, we left and detoured a bit and went to Andersonville Prison (the Civil War prison camp). Sobering and fascinating all at the same time. They have a POW museum there. We walked the grounds, went to the museum, and then visited the cemetery. Then we drove the rest of the way home.

Yesterday, I don't think I was home for a complete hour during the day Mattie came home sick, so first thing, I took her to the dr -- strep throat Then we went by the base to the pharmacy and quick run into the commissary. Home for a bit of lunch, then off for allergy shots. Home for 30 minutes, and then off again -- dropped the boys off with Jim, and the girls had a clogging performance at the local community college. Got home after 8 last night.

This morning, we had high school tutorials at coop, and then I had a coop board meeting. Left at 8, got home at 2.

BUSY!!! But, now it's the weekend.

Katie got a job at Chick-Fil-A the day we left to go to GA (she had an interview that morning), and she goes to orientation this afternoon (she's on the road now). She goes in for two days of training next week. I'm excited, and she is, too!

Comments -- I don't remember all of my comments from the week, but .....

* Heather -- WHAT an experience R had at that college and for E. and I need to look at that Oyan stuff (although mine don't really need essay writing -- I saw something else new about middle school something?????)

* Jen -- about the car for your dh -- we have a good friend (our neighbor who bought some land from us -- they go to our church and homeschool) who is a 44 year old doctor. He drives an '01 Suburban with all.kinds.of.issues. Your dh isn't the only dr in an old car!

Can't remember all my other comments.

It's good to be home!
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Good Afternoon.... almost evening!

We've had a nice Friday with our usual things.
    • emails and quiet reading time
    • walked 2 miles with Leslie
    • swim lesson at the Rec Center
    • gym and swim at the Y
    • home for lunch
    • picked up ds18 from the career center
    • renewed and gathered library materials
    • 2 library visits... ds10 loves to just wander and peruse at the library... I love that.
    • paid a bill... had to pay a late fee.... grrrr... I hate when I do that.

It's hard to believe just those few items takes our entire day from 9:30am - 5pm. We always have a good time on Fridays though.

I need to go back and read catch up on today's happenings. I hope everyone has had a good day.
    Wife to Pastor Tim and Mom to April (2010 homeschool/Cornerstone Univ grad.), Erica (2012 homeschool/culinary/Ashland Univ grad.), Jacob (12th gr.), and Jesse (3rd gr).